About this product
Part Number: ECL-LT-45
A compact lightweight tracking platform for your Dobsonian telescope.
Dobsonian telescopes offer the most economical way of enjoying the benefits of large aperture together with spectacular views of both solar system and deep sky objects.
However the simple manual Dobsonian mounting does have its disadvantages, particularly when observing at higher powers. The lack of tracking and the constant necessity to manually move the telescope to counter sidereal rotation can limit the effectiveness of observing at higher magnifications.
The Ecliptica Light tracking platform solves that weakness by offering a stable tracking platform that greatly enhances the use of your Dobsonian at higher powers.
The Ecliptica Light tracking platform performs as if your Dobsonian was placed on a driven equatorial mount giving much greater stability at high magnifications. Unlike with a driven altazimuth mount the Ecliptica Light tracks parallel to the Celestial Equator and thus no field rotation occurs.
In use this tracking platform is compact, lightweight and very simple to set up.
- Place on firm ground and use the included spirit level to ensure the tracking platform is set up as horizontally as possible
- Align the platform in the North-South direction with the drive motor facing South and the circle segment facing North
- Place your Dobsonian on to the tracking platform switch on the tracking and observe
- The Ecliptica Tracking Platform will track for one hour before it will require resetting
The Ecliptica Light is manufactured in hard water-proof laminated plywood and is strengthened by stiffening ribs. Aluminium rails on a platform move along steel axes rotating inside bearings. The electronic drive assures smooth accurate tracking.
The Ecliptica Light platform permits the use of all popular models of Dobsonian telescope with apertures up to 10" and a maximum weight of 30kg. Use of a larger telescope is also possible providing it remains within the 30kg load limit.
In addition to providing much more stable viewing at higher magnifications the Ecliptica Light Platform also allows your Dobsonian to be used for solar system astrophotography.
There are three versions of the Ecliptica Light for the following Latitude ranges
- Ecliptica Light 45: 42 to 48 degrees
- Ecliptica Light 50: 47 to 53 degrees
- Ecliptica Light 55: 52 to 58 degrees
- Payload: 30kg
- Continuous Tracking Time" 60 Minutes
- The maximum base diameter of the telescope: 530mm
- Maximum Centre of Gravity Height of the Telescope: 500mm
- Power Supply: 9V Batter 6F22 (not supplied)
- Package dimensions: 53x12x62
- Weight: 5kg
What's in the box
- Equatorial platform Ecliptica Light
- Electric drive
- User's manual
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.