About this product
Part Number: ECL-PR-45
Pro tracking platform for your Dobsonian telescope.
Dobsonian telescopes offer the most economical way of enjoying the benefits of large aperture together with spectacular views of both solar system and deep sky objects.
However the simple manual Dobsonian mounting does have its disadvantages, particularly when observing at higher powers. The lack of tracking and the constant necessity to manually move the telescope to counter sidereal rotation can limit the effectiveness of observing at higher magnifications.
The Ecliptica Pro tracking platform solves that weakness by offering a stable tracking platform that greatly enhances the use of your larger Dobsonian at higher powers.
Ecliptica Pro is an enlarged and strengthened copy of Ecliptica Light. The platform is compatible with all popular models of Dobsonian telescopes with apertures up to 12" and weight up to 50kg.
The Ecliptica Pro tracking platform performs as if your Dobsonian was placed on a driven equatorial mount giving much greater stability at high magnifications. Unlike with a driven altazimuth mount the Ecliptica Pro tracks parallel to the Celestial Equator and thus no field rotation occurs.
In use this tracking platform is compact, lightweight and very simple to set up.
There are three versions of the Ecliptica Pro for the following Latitude ranges
- Ecliptica Pro 45: 42 to 48 degrees
- Ecliptica Pro 50: 47 to 53 degrees
- Ecliptica Pro 55: 52 to 58 degrees
- Place on firm ground and use the included spirit level to ensure the tracking platform is set up as horizontally as possible
- Align the platform in the North-South direction with the drive motor facing South and the circle segment facing North
- Place your Dobsonian on to the tracking platform switch on the tracking and observe
- The Ecliptica Tracking Platform will track for one hour before it will require resetting
- Payload: 50kg
- Continuous tracking time: at least 60 minutes
- The maximum base diameter of the telescope: 6730mm
- Maximum centre of gravity height of the telescope: 650mm
- Power supply: 9V from 6F22 battery (not included)
- Package dimensions: 64x11x82cm
- Weight: 8kg
What's in the box
- Equatorial platform Ecliptica Pro
- Electric drive
- User's manual
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.