About this product
Part Number: mx
The Paramount MX+ is a large mount that is well suited to both portable and permanent setups.
With an instrument capacity of 45kg and a head weight of 23kg the MX+ is ideal as a mount for both portability and permanent installations.
The mount itself is a unibody construction made to a very high standard from high-grade aluminium.
Features include belt-driven aluminium gears with spring-loaded brass worms to eliminate backlash. This enables the mount to achieve less than 7 arc second peak-to-peak periodic error.
When coupled with Software Bisque's professional-level software suite, the Paramount MX+ can be PEC corrected to deliver amazingly low levels of periodic error.
The Paramount MX+ overcomes many of the problems experienced other astrophotography setups. It is capable of tracking two hours past the meridian, potentially eliminating the need to do a meridian flip during an imaging session. It also features an integral 2 port USB2.0 hub near the camera end of the mount. This reduces the number of wires strung between the mount and a computer.
The mount also features Software Bisque's Versa-Plate which has been engineered to accept almost any mounting system. Coupled with the mount's heavy-duty capacity, the Paramount MX+ is capable of precise operation with a 14-inch telescope fitted with a full set of astrophotography accessories.
With Paramount's high-end telescope control hardware, the MX+ is able to track and slew with an extremely high degree of accuracy. Precious imaging time will not be wasted trying to centre poorly slewed targets.
Together with the included T point and Camera Control add-on's the MX+ achieves superb pointing accuracy and full control over your astro imaging.
- 45kg instrument capacity
- Unibody mount that weighs 23kg
- Maximum 7 arc second peak-to-peak periodic error before correction
- USB2.0 computer to mount control interface
- Onboard USB2.0 hub near camera end of the mount to reduce cable clutter
- Belt-driven gears with spring loaded worm to virtually eliminate backlash
- Versatile mounting plate
- 30 arc second all sky pointing accuracy
- Clutchless design maintains T Point assisted pointing accuracy
- Mount automatically stops when it hits something solid (such as the tripod)
Mount & Tripod Weights and Dimensions
- Weight of the mount: 23kg
- Counterweight shaft: 41 x 3.81cm
What's in the box
- 2 x 20lb (9kg) counterweights
- 48V power supply
- PC to mount cabling
- TheSkyX Pro with Camera and T Point add ons
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.