This mount is astonishing! It is absolutely tiny with a huge payload capacity. The fit and finish is exquisite - this is proper engineering at it's finest. Easy to adjust for accurate polar alignment the handset works great and best of all USB and WiFi built-in makes it easy to control this from a computer or in our case, an ASIair. An optional Vixen-style dovetail clamp is available but we prefer an ADM dual-saddle, paired with the new Sightron tripod for the ultimate portable setup!
About this product
Latest Version with Improved Polar Alignment Adjustment
Ultra portable, high capacity Goto Mount with Harmonic Drives
Counterweights no longer required!
The exciting new RST-135 uses a new and highly innovational type of gear. Due to the strong force of the Strain Wave Gear and the Motor, a counterweight is not needed.
The mount weighs only 3.3kg but is capable of accepting a telescope with weight up to 13.5kg. Rainbow call this a "Weightless Mount"
The RST-135 is a super portable mount with excellent astrophotography potential that is ideally suited for using in the field.
The Rainbow Astro RST-135 mount utilises robotics technology that has been widely used in precision industrial robotics applications, strain wave gears provide zero backlash and a high degree of pointing and tracking accuracy.
This unique mount has the ability to function as either an EQ or AZ mount and can carry up to 13.5kg without the use of a counterweight shaft or weights. Weighing just 3.3kg and ultra-compact, the RST-135 is highly portable and is a perfect option for travel astrophotography.
Smart features like built in Wi-Fi, a homing sensor and GPS allow for remote control and guiding of the mount. Built from solid block CNC construction, the Rainbow Astro RST135 is solid with smooth operation for reliable performance.
Important - Custom colours take approximately one month longer to be specially produced.
- Weights only 3.3kg but has a massive 13.5kg capacity without counterweights, 18kg with counterweights.
- Strain wave gear / Harmonic Drive - no backlash!
- Dual mode - equatorial / alt-az
- Extremely fast slewing - 6º / Second
- Low power consumption - 0.2A tracking / 3A slewing (at 16V)
- Light and compact, great for portable setups
- Beautifully machined from solid metal - premium fit and finish
- ASCOM driver support
- Built-in WiFi, GPS and Home Sensor
360° Product Tour
What's in the box
- RST-135 Mount Head
- Hand Controller
- Photo Tripod Adaptor
- Polemaster Adaptor
- Soft Case
- Mount Type: Equatorial / Alt-Az Dual Mount
- Type of Gear: Strain Wave Gear
- Payload without counterweight: 13.5kg (30lbs)
- Payload with counterweight: 18kg (40lbs)
- Slew Speed: 6º / Second
- Latitude Range: 0º to 90º
- Power Input: 12 to 16V DC
- Power Consumption: 0.2A - Tracking, 16V. 3A - Slewing, 16V.
- Weight: 3.3kg (7.3lbs)
- Size (mm): 130 x 120 x 190
- Materials: AL 6061, Steel, Brass
- ASCOM Support: ASCOM Driver
- Hand Controller: Included
- Built-in WiFi
- Built-in GPS Receiver
- Built-in Home Sensor
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.