The new f7.5 Equinox 120 features Ohara FPL-53 fluorite glass for the ED element and German Schott glass for the Crown element housed in a superbly engineered tube-assembly with a dual-speed silky-smooth rotatable Crayford focuser.
Each objective is finished by hand and undergoes both a Ronchi and artificial star test.
"The Equinox uses the same optics as the well-regarded Sky-Watcher Evostar-120ED PRO …The tube is finished in a classy gloss black, trimmed in silver with an extendable dewshield…The bright star Vega showed no false colour...The planet Jupiter had no colour issues either, although it showed red and blue colour at the top and bottom of its disc due to refraction in the atmosphere. This was nothing to do with the telescope’s optics and once we’d removed this atmospheric refraction with a green filter, Jupiter showed an amazing amount of detail given its low altitude. On a night of near-perfect seeing, Vega, almost overhead, showed the Equinox’s optical correction to be essentially perfect. Our views of the Double Double were the best we have ever seen, with clear separation between each close pair. Views of the Alpine Valley on the 20-day-old Moon were also stunning. We couldn’t have asked for more. With the best focuser of the four, a beautiful tube and essentially flawless optics, we found the it’s performance simply stunning, and all for a price that would have been unbelievable only a few years ago."
BBC Sky At Night Magazine
Adjusting focuser tension
- Objective Lens Diameter: 120mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 900mm (f/7.5)
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens with FPL-53 ED element
- Dual-Speed, 360 degree rotatable, 11:1 Backlash-Free 2" Crayford Focuser
- 2" to 1.25" Eyepiece adaptor (with Brass Compression Rings)
- Retractable Dewshield (with aluminium cap)
- Supplied with tube rings and Sky-Watcher dovetail mounting plate
- Foam-lined Aluminium Carrying/Storage case