INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- Esprit Telescope OTA
- Storage Cases
- 2” Dielectric Star Diagonal
- 28mm 2” LET Eyepiece
- 9x50 Right-Angled Erect Image Finderscope
- Losmandy 'D' Style Dovetail Mounting Bar
- Tube Rings
Es Reid Optical Bench Test
Following a number of requests we are offering an Es Reid optical bench test for Esprit telescopes.
Es Reid is highly regarded in the optical industry so if you purchase his optical bench test you can be confident your telescope will, from the outset, have well figured optics, negligible false colour and spherical aberration, and no astigmatism (the bane of any optical system!). Star shapes will be round, not triangular, oval or egg-shaped!
Because most Esprit telescopes test AOK out-of-the-box (only a small number require adjustment) this extra layer of quality control adds only £75 to the purchase price.
You know it makes sense :-)
A pre-dispatch optical bench test is now available for this telescope, for details see here.
The new Sky-Watcher Professional ESPRIT 3-Element ED apochromatic refractors offer optical performance rivaling or exceeding similar telescopes from even the most famous high-end brands.
Designed primarily for demanding astro-imagers wanting high-contrast images full of detail and zero detectable colour fringing, even on the brightest of objects!
840mm f/7 focal length.
Skywatcher Esprit 120 Review by SkyNews Magazine:
"The Esprit 120 has a triplet objective with one element made of prized Ohara S-FPL53 glass. I compared its performance with high-end Officina Stellare and Astro-Physics 105mm and 130mm apos employing similar premium glass. Even at high magnification with a 3mm eyepiece, star images appeared just as sharp, aberration-free and colourless as the best. I was impressed.
On subzero (°C) nights once the telescope cooled down (after 30 to 45 minutes), it exhibited none of the aberration oddities I’ve seen in some test telescopes, effects created by cold temperatures pinching optics. This is evidence of the Esprit’s excellent lens cell design, the area where aspiring apos sometimes fall short."
A dedicated Skywatcher Field Flattener is available that provides a wide 44mm imaging circle for use with a DSLR or other imaging device with a large sensor.
- 3-Element Objective Lens, Focal Length 840mm (one Ohara FPL-53 and 2 x Schott lenses)
- 3” CNC Machined 11:1 Rotatable Dual-Speed Linear Power Focuser
- Zero detectable Colour Fringing even on Bright Objects
- Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings
- Knife-edge Baffled Optical System
- High-precision Mechanical Components
- Aluminium OTA material (superior to plain carbon-fibre for this application)
- Retractable Dew Shield
3” Dual Speed Linear Power Focuser
- 3” LPF with 2” and 1.25” eyepiece adaptors and indexed scale
- Zero focus-shift during focusing
- High Load Capacity - holds up to 5kg of accessories whilst focusing and up to 10kg when locked.
- New drawtube with steel sheet held by four large bearings makes focusing smoother than ever
- The smooth focus motion and 11:1 fine focus wheel allows precision adjustment and critical focusing of eyepieces & cameras
- Patent-pending design
2” Dielectric Star Diagonal, 28mm 2” LET Eyepiece, 9x50 Right-Angled Erect Image Finderscope, Tube Rings and Dovetail Mounting Bar.