INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- Esprit Telescope OTA
- Heavy Duty Foam-Lined Storage/Transportation Case with Wheels
- 2” Dielectric Star Diagonal
- 9x50 Right-Angled Erect Image Finderscope
- Dovetail Mounting Shoe
Es Reid Optical Bench Test
Following a number of requests we are offering an Es Reid optical bench test for Esprit telescopes.
Es Reid is highly regarded in the optical industry so if you purchase his optical bench test you can be confident your telescope will, from the outset, have well figured optics, negligible false colour and spherical aberration, and no astigmatism (the bane of any optical system!). Star shapes will be round, not triangular, oval or egg-shaped!
Because most Esprit telescopes test AOK out-of-the-box (only a small number require adjustment) this extra layer of quality control adds only £75 to the purchase price.
You know it makes sense :-)
A pre-dispatch optical bench test is now available for this telescope, for details see here.
Sky-Watcher Professional ESPRIT 3-Element ED apochromatic refractors offer optical performance rivalling similar telescopes from even the most famous high-end brands.
Designed primarily for demanding astro-imagers wanting high-contrast images full of detail and zero detectable colour fringing, even on the brightest of objects!
An M48-fitting doublet field flattener is also available to flatten the field and minimise aberration and distortion. When used with the field flattener the Esprit-80's imaging circle is 33mm.
The M48 fitting provides a large clear aperture to reduce halation and a precision thread ensures the triplet and doublet lens groups are precisely aligned on the optical axis perpendicular to the image.
Price includes storage case.
- Premium optical materials
- 3-Element Objective Lens, Focal Length 400mm (one Ohara FPL-53 ED element)
- Short focal length and full frame corrected focal plane
- Excellent field flatness across a 33mm imaging circle when used with the optically-matched field flattener
- Precision linear power focuser
- Metallic high-transmission lens coatings
- Light-baffled optical systems
- Telescope tube attachment hardware
- Knife-edge Baffled Optical System
2.7” Dual Speed Linear Power Focuser
- 2.7” LPF with 2” and 1.25” eyepiece adaptors and indexed scale
- Zero focus-shift during focusing
- High Load Capacity
- New drawtube with steel sheet held by four large bearings makes focusing smoother than ever
- The smooth focus motion and 11:1 fine focus wheel allows precision adjustment and critical focusing of eyepieces & cameras
- Patent-pending design
Optical Design : Apochromatic Triplet with ED element
Diameter : 80mm
Focal Length : 400mm
F-ratio : f/5
Linear Power Focuser Diameter : 2.7"
Tube Weight : 3.97 kg
Tube Dimensions : 8.3 x 45 cm