For their 62° series Explore Scientific have sacrificed maximum field of view (62° is moderate these days) to deliver high performance and premium build quality at an affordable price.
Fully multicoated edge-blackened optics deliver high contrast, maximum light transmission and freedom from ghosting. The resolution is excellent and edge-to-edge field correction is impressive!
All Explore Scientific 62° eyepieces are Argon purged (the air inside is replaced with Argon, an inert gas) and sealed so the inside will never suffer from condensation. The interior optics will remain clear, bright and dust-free, year after year.
The nosepiece includes a milled safety undercut (to prevent the eyepiece slipping out of the focuser) and is threaded to accept astronomy filters.
Note to eyeglass wearers: The 20, 26, 32 & 40mm eyepieces have long eye-relief so are the best choices if you wear eyeglasses while observing.
- High quality fully multicoated glass elements.
- Excellent resolution and field sharpness, even with fast optics.
- 62° apparent field of view.
- Blackened lens edges for enhanced contrast.
- Sealed Argon-purged body (waterproof & fog-proof).
- Stainless steel barrel with milled safety undercut.
- Threaded for astronomy filters.
Eyepiece Field of View Simulator