About this product
Part Number: 94303-CGL
The Celestron 1.25" eyeopener eyepiece and filter kit includes fourteen accessories that provide a good upgrade for the eyepieces and accessories typically included with many beginner telescopes.
The handy, metal, foam-lined carry cases encloses five quality Plossl eyepieces, a 2x Barlow lens, six coloured filters to improve planetary observations and a Moon filter to reduce the glare of a bright moon.
Five eyepieces and a Barlow lens equals ten different magnifications to choose from, including the equivalent of a 3mm, 4mm, 6mm, 6.5mm, 8mm, 8.5mm, 13mm, 16mm, 17mm and 32mm. And that doesn’t include eyepieces you may already have in your collection, which will now achieve double the magnification with the addition of the Barlow.
A Moon filter will increase your enjoyment of lunar observations by dimming the brightness and increasing contrast
The most popular planetary filters are included in this kit. Have fun seeing what a blue filter will reveal about Jupiter, or unveil the polar ice caps on Mars with a red or orange filter.
- Five superior grade Plössl eyepieces (6mm, 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, and 32mm) with 52° AFOV (32mm has 44°) with high resolution, edge sharpness and clarity.
- All eyepieces are fully multi-coated for maximum contrast and resolution and neutral colour.
- The 2x 1.25" Barlow Lens compliments the Plössl eyepieces in this kit and gives you a total of ten power combinations.
- Six 1.25" coloured Lunar & Planetary filters (Kodak Wratten #12, #21, #25, #56, #58A, and #80A).
- 1.25" neutral density Moon filter.
- Aluminium carrying case with die-cut foam interior with room for additional accessories.
|Average Rating (1 Review): |Good quality, comprehensive kit.
05 May 2023 | Matthew
A nice versatile kit which is just expensive enough to make you feel the quality of the optical elements, whilst acknowledging that there are superior quality eyepieces out there to progress to in time. Eye relief may be a minor issue on higher magnifications. Sturdy case with room for accessories you already have. Focal lengths carefully avoid those that most beginners are likely to have included with their telescopes.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.