About this product
Part Number: 50404
The Fotomate VT-5006 medium-duty tripod is suitable for video cameras, DSLRs and compact digital cameras. Also suitable for spotting scopes and most observation binoculars.
Maximum height 156cm when the 3-section aluminium legs and geared centre column are fully extended.
The 2-Way tripod head is smooth in operation and can be panned 360° with a wide range of tilt adjustment.
Supplied with nylon carrying case.
- 2-Way fluid-damped panhead
- Adjustable Panhead Tension & Lock
- Multi-Position Right-Handed Pan Handle
- Payload Capacity: Optimum 3kg, maximum 5kg.
- Quick Release Plate with 1/4” Attachment Screw and Video Pin
- Maximum Height (Fully Extended): 156cm
- Minimum Height (Fully Retracted): 61cm
- Geared Centre Column with Elevator Crank, Lock and Tri-Brace
- 360° Panning, -50° Forward Tilt, +90° Vertical Elevation
- 26mm Diameter 3-Section Aluminum Legs with Clip Locks
- Adjustable Rubber Feet with Metal Spikes
- Bubble level for Accurate levelling
- Weight: 1.89kg
- Supplied with Nylon Carrying Case
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |Works with Skymaster 15x70
Friday, 17 September 2021 | Mike
I needed a tripod to hold my Celestron Skymaster 15x70 binoculars. Since I'd already spent a fair amount on a telescope and mount I couldn't spend too much or else my wife would stop speaking to me. I was a bit nervous at first since I'd read that going for cheaper tripods with heavy binoculars is a recipe for disappointment due to shakiness but I took the plunge on this model and I am glad I did.
First class service from FLO (my third order and top notch service each time). The tripod was with me in two days and for the first time I was able to open the package and use my purchase without letting lots of clouds out of the box.
The tripod seems sturdy enough and in use it has performed just fine. Things are nice and stable with the 15x70s on top. Panning is nice and smooth with the adjustable tension and I was pleasantly surprised with how high the binoculars can sit since I was worried that the 156cm height would lead to me getting a sore back from stooping. Not the case since I reckon there's at least an extra 10 cm with the tripod adaptor (came with the binoculars) attached. Even better, with the legs extended there is plenty of room to tuck a chair under and sit and enjoy the view. I'm really pleased with the purchase and for sure it's going to get a lot of use.
Wednesday, 26 September 2018 | André
Very good tripod. Perfectly supports the Opticron Adventurer 10x50 T WP Binocular, with the Opticron L-Type Binocular Tripod Bracket Adapters.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.