About this product
Part Number: NB1-48
This new IDAS NB1 Nebula filter is an upgrade to the IDAS V4 filters and is a narrowband filter for use with OSC cameras used under light polluted skies.
Designed to provide maximum contrast between key astronomical emission lines and a light polluted sky.
Incorporates IDAS MBT, UFP, and IGAD technologies for highest optical performance.
- Near IR is blocked up to 1100nm, eliminating the need for an additional filter to block IR.
- Ideal flat-top and moderate bandpass to prevent transmission loss due to spectrum shift on todays ultra fast optics from Borg, Takahashi Epsilon series and fast camera lenses.
- Superb transmission rates.
- Extremely steep cut off lines.
- Easy creation of H-alpha enhanced colour images
- 2.5mm glass thickness.
- Made in Japan.
|Average Rating (1 Review): |IDAS NB-1 Multi-NB filter
Tuesday, 29 October 2019 | Francis
I purchased this filter along with a RASA 8 purposely to use with that OTA and an ASI-294MC Pro, OSC 4/3rd's camera combination. I haven't used it with other optics yet. However I have found that the effect the filter gives to the 294's sensor is (to me) quite stunning. Not the same as using a mono camera and dedicated NB filters but striking none the less. Having the ability to capture widely spaced narrow bands of the spectrum in single exposures opens the possibility to either process images as-is or split the colour channels and process each channel separately before recombining. There are other multi NB filters available but this was the only one that had the quoted ability to be used with fast optics.
I've given it 5 stars because I've been stunned by it's effect when coupled to the fast RASA optics and an OSC camera. It will definitely be tried on other optics - once I can get the RASA off the mount.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.