About this product
Part Number: 22403-CGL
The ultimate telescope for the novice to intermediate astronomer, the Inspire 100AZ features the largest aperture in the Inspire family line and its short tube offers a wider field of view perfectly suited for larger, fainter deep sky objects. Packed with features never seen before on entry level telescopes, Inspire features fully coated glass optics, a solid altazimuth mount with a unique asymmetrical design, a sturdy steel tripod with integrated fold-up accessory tray, an integrated smartphone adapter, built-in red LED flashlight, large projected reticle finderscope, erect image optics, and a focus micrometer for easily returning to the same focus point.
The Inspire has the easiest setup of any telescope in its class. Simply pop open the tripod legs, turn the lock knob on the accessory tray, and attach the telescope tube to the base using the quick release dovetail mount. You are now ready to observe!
The lens cap has an integrated smartphone adapter built into it. Place your smartphone against the rubberised friction surface on the outside of the cap so your camera is viewing through the imaging port. Secure the smartphone using the two adjustable bungee cords. The inside of the lens cap has a fitting that secures to your eyepiece using two set screws. Voila! You are now ready to take high power images through the telescope.
The mount has a red LED flashlight built-in. Turn the flashlight on to illuminate your accessory tray with a soft red glow. The flashlight can easily be removed from the mount to provide red light where you need it most.
The focus micrometer is a numbered scale that indicates the focuser’s position. It allows quick return to a specific focus point for specific targets such as a bird nest, infinity focus, etc.
- Easiest setup of any entry level scope. With the folding accessory tray you just pop the tripod legs open, turn the lock knob and you’re ready to go.
- Bold new design - The main telescope lens cap comes with a fully integrated smartphone adapter built-in, perfect for the budding astrophotographer. The asymmetrical mount design offers light weight and incredible stability. Erect image optics enables a fully correct image for easy viewing day or night, terrestrial or astronomical.
- Red LED flashlight - Stowed in the center of the mount head, the flashlight can be used to gently illuminate the accessory tray or can be removed for use as a spotlight when needed.
- Focus micrometer - Allows quick return to a specific focus point for specific targets (bird nests, infinity focus, etc.)
What's in the box
- Inspire Telescope & Mount
- StarPointer Pro Red Dot Finderscope
- 1.25" Erect Image 90º Diagonal
- 10mm Kellner Eyepiece
- 20mm Kellner Eyepiece
- Red Led Flashlight
|Optical Coatings||Fully coated glass optics|
|Eyepiece/Magnification||20mm Kellner (1.25”) / 33x |
10mm Kellner (1.25”) / 66x
|Star Diagonal||Erect image 90 degree (1.25”)|
|Other Accessories||SkyPortal app|
|Resolution||Rayleigh: 1.37 arc seconds / Dawes Limit: 1.14 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power||212x the unaided eye|
|Highest Useful Magnification||241x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||15x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12.5|
|Tripod||Steel, 1.25” diameter, 47” max height|
|Included Items||70mm telescope tube, mount with tripod and folding accessory tray connected, red LED flashlight, 90 degree erect image diagonal, 20mm & 10mm Kellner eyepieces, StarPointer Pro finderscope, Free download of SkyPortal|
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Celestron Inspire Series Manual (PDF)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.