About this product
Part Number: 3339R-SGP
Introductory Price - new iOptron iPolar - a high precision, easy to use electronic polarscope!
Includes adapter for iOptron SkyGuider-Pro Mounts.
The new iOptron iPolar electronic polarscope is a quick, easy way to accurately polar align your mount, even when you cannot see the pole star!
Accurate polar alignment has never been so simple, just put the 'X' on the 'Spot'! Well the 'X' does look more like a '+' and the 'Spot' isn't there but instead a representation of the celestial pole's location. Using the iPolar's graphical interface, the two overlaid symbols represent a precise polar alignment ensuring peak performance from your equatorial mount.
The iPolar utilises an electronic camera aligned with both the axes of your telescope mount. The software processes the camera images calculating the true pole's location, then guides you through adjustments needed to align your mount to the celestial pole. Gone will be the days of crouching behind a 'through the mount' polar scope, the iPolar facilitates making altitude and azimuth adjustments by just glancing at your laptops monitor. This system needs as few as four stars to locate the pole, and can do so even when the pole location itself is blocked by clouds, tree branches or other obstructions.
iPolar electronic polarscopes are available for most iOptron and other brand equatorial mounts.
- Fast and easy to use
- High precision (30 arcsec)
- No need to see the Pole Star
- No need to rotate the mount during alignment
- Unique imaging enhancement technique
- Smart plate solving
- On screen instruction during alignment
- Works even under poor sky conditions
- Compatible with most equatorial mount with a proper adapter
- The iPolar software needs Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later version, 32 bit or 64 bit operation system, with .NET Framework 4.6 or later version.
What makes iPolar unique?
- Easily installed inside the RA shaft on all iOptron equatorial mounts (except SmartEQ Pro)
- Can be used on any mount with adapters either internally or externally
- USB plug and play (no drivers needed)
- Works globally - no need to set hemisphere
- Works without visible Polaris (Northern Hemisphere) or Sigma Octantis (Southern Hemisphere)
- No need to rotate the mount during polar alignment
Currently Supported Mounts:
- iOptron CEM120/CEM120EC/CEM120EC2
- iOptron CEM60/CEM60EC
- iOptron CEM40/CEM40EC
- iOptron CEM25/CEM25EC/ZEQ25
- iOptron iEQ45Pro/iEQ45
- iOptron iEQ30Pro/iEQ30
- iOptron SkyGuider Pro
- iOptron SkyGuider
- iOptron SkyTracker ProCe
- iOptron SkyTracker
- Sky-Watcher NEQ6 / AZ-EQ6
- Sky-Watcher HEQ5
- Celestron AVX / CG5
- Celestron CGEM
|Field of View (FOV) ||~ 13 degree |
|Resolution ||30 arcsec approx. |
|Alignment Precision ||30 arcsec |
|Interface ||Mini USB2.0 |
|Software ||iPolar Software |
|Operation System ||Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, 32bit or 64 bit |
|Warranty ||Two year limited |
Downloads / Manuals
iPolar Operation Manual
Installation-CEM60 Internal (#3339A-060)
Installation-SkyGuider Pro (#3339R-SGP)
Software and Driver:
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |
Tuesday, 12 January 2021 | Jerry
as usual flo service is still the best. this ia a great upgrade for my sgp
Great accessory for polar aligning
Saturday, 21 December 2019 | Robert
Fitting was a bit complicated, as my mount was one of the newer types that also required the RA motor and drive belt to be removed, but once in place, it went back together fine. First night out setup was a breeze. Simply allow the iPolar software to recognise the sky in two RA positions after giving the software your lat/long and barometric pressure and temperature, and you're all set! After that, I was bang on the pole within 3 minutes of starting making mount adjustments. Simply put the cross perfectly on the circle and it's job done. After that, I was running 3min unguided subs on my Skyguider mount with pinpoint stars. Could easily have gone longer! I am now sold on electronic polar finding - no more sore neck looking through a polar scope or drift aligning! 5 stars from me.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.