About this product
Part Number: 3339-025
Introductory Price - new iOptron iPolar - a high precision, easy to use electronic polarscope!
Includes adapter for iOptron ZEQ/CEM25 Mounts.
The new iOptron iPolar electronic polarscope is a quick, easy way to accurately polar align your mount, even when you cannot see the pole star!
Accurate polar alignment has never been so simple, just put the 'X' on the 'Spot'! Well the 'X' does look more like a '+' and the 'Spot' isn't there but instead a representation of the celestial pole's location. Using the iPolar's graphical interface, the two overlaid symbols represent a precise polar alignment ensuring peak performance from your equatorial mount.
The iPolar utilises an electronic camera aligned with both the axes of your telescope mount. The software processes the camera images calculating the true pole's location, then guides you through adjustments needed to align your mount to the celestial pole. Gone will be the days of crouching behind a 'through the mount' polar scope, the iPolar facilitates making altitude and azimuth adjustments by just glancing at your laptops monitor. This system needs as few as four stars to locate the pole, and can do so even when the pole location itself is blocked by clouds, tree branches or other obstructions.
iPolar electronic polarscopes are available for most iOptron and other brand equatorial mounts.
- Fast and easy to use
- High precision (30 arcsec)
- No need to see the Pole Star
- No need to rotate the mount during alignment
- Unique imaging enhancement technique
- Smart plate solving
- On screen instruction during alignment
- Works even under poor sky conditions
- Compatible with most equatorial mount with a proper adapter
- The iPolar software needs Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later version, 32 bit or 64 bit operation system, with .NET Framework 4.6 or later version.
What makes iPolar unique?
- Easily installed inside the RA shaft on all iOptron equatorial mounts (except SmartEQ Pro)
- Can be used on any mount with adapters either internally or externally
- USB plug and play (no drivers needed)
- Works globally - no need to set hemisphere
- Works without visible Polaris (Northern Hemisphere) or Sigma Octantis (Southern Hemisphere)
- No need to rotate the mount during polar alignment
Currently Supported Mounts:
- iOptron CEM120/CEM120EC/CEM120EC2
- iOptron CEM60/CEM60EC
- iOptron CEM40/CEM40EC
- iOptron CEM25/CEM25EC/ZEQ25
- iOptron iEQ45Pro/iEQ45
- iOptron iEQ30Pro/iEQ30
- iOptron SkyGuider Pro
- iOptron SkyGuider
- iOptron SkyTracker ProCe
- iOptron SkyTracker
- Sky-Watcher NEQ6 / AZ-EQ6
- Sky-Watcher HEQ5
- Celestron AVX / CG5
- Celestron CGEM
|Field of View (FOV) ||~ 13 degree |
|Resolution ||30 arcsec approx. |
|Alignment Precision ||30 arcsec |
|Interface ||Mini USB2.0 |
|Software ||iPolar Software |
|Operation System ||Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, 32bit or 64 bit |
|Warranty ||Two year limited |
Downloads / Manuals
iPolar Operation Manual
Installation-CEM60 Internal (#3339A-060)
Installation-SkyGuider Pro (#3339R-SGP)
Software and Driver:
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Wednesday, 20 May 2020 | Stefan
I am very happy with the iPolar itself and the software is so easy to use.
However, the supplied cable is of a very bad quality and I have 2 issues with that:
1. The cable is too short, so I have to stand next to the mount holdingmy laptop while at the same time adjusting the mount. This makes it very difficult for me
2. Also the cable USB end is very loose (I tried several different USB ports and the cable tilts up and down in the USB port). This means that everytime during polar alignment, if I move a tiny little bit or if I bump the cable in the dark, then the iPolar is disconnected.
I don't know if this is a defected cable or if the cable is meant to be this way, but I have contacted FLO about this and I will update my review later if it is a defect in the cable.
Otherwise, I would suggest to buy a high speed replacement cable if you buy this product.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.