About this product
Part Number: 3339-CGEM
Introductory Price - new iOptron iPolar - a high precision, easy to use electronic polarscope!
Includes adapter for Sky-Watcher NEQ6 / AZEQ6 / EQ6-R & Celestron CGEM Mounts.
The new iOptron iPolar electronic polarscope is a quick, easy way to accurately polar align your mount, even when you cannot see the pole star!
Accurate polar alignment has never been so simple, just put the 'X' on the 'Spot'! Well the 'X' does look more like a '+' and the 'Spot' isn't there but instead a representation of the celestial pole's location. Using the iPolar's graphical interface, the two overlaid symbols represent a precise polar alignment ensuring peak performance from your equatorial mount.
The iPolar utilises an electronic camera aligned with both the axes of your telescope mount. The software processes the camera images calculating the true pole's location, then guides you through adjustments needed to align your mount to the celestial pole. Gone will be the days of crouching behind a 'through the mount' polar scope, the iPolar facilitates making altitude and azimuth adjustments by just glancing at your laptops monitor. This system needs as few as four stars to locate the pole, and can do so even when the pole location itself is blocked by clouds, tree branches or other obstructions.
iPolar electronic polarscopes are available for most iOptron and other brand equatorial mounts.
- Fast and easy to use
- High precision (30 arcsec)
- No need to see the Pole Star
- No need to rotate the mount during alignment
- Unique imaging enhancement technique
- Smart plate solving
- On screen instruction during alignment
- Works even under poor sky conditions
- Compatible with most equatorial mount with a proper adapter
- The iPolar software needs Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later version, 32 bit or 64 bit operation system, with .NET Framework 4.6 or later version.
What makes iPolar unique?
- Easily installed inside the RA shaft on all iOptron equatorial mounts (except SmartEQ Pro)
- Can be used on any mount with adapters either internally or externally
- USB plug and play (no drivers needed)
- Works globally - no need to set hemisphere
- Works without visible Polaris (Northern Hemisphere) or Sigma Octantis (Southern Hemisphere)
- No need to rotate the mount during polar alignment
Currently Supported Mounts:
- iOptron CEM120/CEM120EC/CEM120EC2
- iOptron CEM60/CEM60EC
- iOptron CEM40/CEM40EC
- iOptron CEM25/CEM25EC/ZEQ25
- iOptron iEQ45Pro/iEQ45
- iOptron iEQ30Pro/iEQ30
- iOptron SkyGuider Pro
- iOptron SkyGuider
- iOptron SkyTracker ProCe
- iOptron SkyTracker
- Sky-Watcher NEQ6 / AZ-EQ6 / EQ6-R
- Sky-Watcher HEQ5
- Celestron AVX / CG5
- Celestron CGEM
|Field of View (FOV) ||~ 13 degree |
|Resolution ||30 arcsec approx. |
|Alignment Precision ||30 arcsec |
|Interface ||Mini USB2.0 |
|Software ||iPolar Software |
|Operation System ||Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, 32bit or 64 bit |
|Warranty ||Two year limited |
Downloads / Manuals
iPolar Operation Manual
Installation-CEM60 Internal (#3339A-060)
Installation-SkyGuider Pro (#3339R-SGP)
Software and Driver:
|Average Rating (1 Review): |Takes all the pain out of getting good Polar Alignment!
Saturday, 14 March 2020 | Ivor
I've really struggled getting decent polar alignment with our 'AZ-EQ6 GT Pro GEQ & Alt-Az' mount, with it being difficult for me to look through the polar scope & simultaneously judge how far to rotate the RA in order to get the reticule in the correct orientation. I tried fitting a webcam & converting a DLSR right angle viewer, but still never managed to get good alignment, and wasted loads of valuable time trying to do so.
Now with the iPolar, I'm easily getting within a 3-4 arcmins error, as reported by the Synscan handset after a single 2-star align and instead of wasting an hour or so it now only takes less than 10mins, including if I do a recalibration (which just involves rotating the RA & letting the software plate solve).
The software interface isn't perfect, and the end cap on the lens is a bit tight, but otherwise I can't recommend the iPolar highly enough. It's made setup a whole lot easier and a lot less frustrating. I'm no longer getting any star trails when imaging and the GoTo now seems to center targets much more successfully.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.