About this product
Part Number: 7200
Now with higher payload!
The new updated CEM60 features an increased payload of 27kg / 60lbs! *
The mount's centre-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) puts the weight of the payload at the centre of gravity for greater natural stability. This enables the mount to be surprisingly light, compared to its payload. Polar aligning is also quick and accessible because the polar scope is not blocked by the declination shaft.
The CEM60 is equipped with the iOptron's most advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts available. Its database includes over 200,000 objects.
Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar, magnetically loaded gear system, gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes, screw/worm type latitude adjuster and integral cable management system.
Note 1: If you buy the mount with an iPolar we will install it free of charge
Note 2: Tripod/Pier not included.
- New design, centre-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Specialised astrophotography mount ideal for both visual and Astro-photographers
- Patent pending non-contact magnetically loaded gear system
- Payload of 60 lbs (27.2 kg) with the mount-only weight of 27 lbs (12.3 kg) *
- Gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes for easy balancing when disengaged
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- Screw/worm type latitude adjuster for precision adjustments
- Milling machine tooling vice type latitude bearing and locks system for rock solid positioning
- User side azimuth fine adjusters for easy azimuth adjustment
- Precision stepper motor with 0.06 arc-sec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- iOptron AccuAligningTM calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment
- Polar alignment routine for those who can't see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Built-in or customised cable management system
- Spring loaded Vixen/Losmandy dual saddle
- 150mm base size to match optional 2 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (8kg)
- Included Aluminium hard carrying case
- Optional Tri-Pier (#8034), 42 inch pier (#8033) or 48 inch pier (#8030)
- Optional 2-inch tripod available (#8021ACC)
- Optional Mini Pier (#8032) for extending height also available
- Optional PowerWeightTM rechargeable battery pack
Go2Nova Hand Controller 8407
- 200,000+ object database
- 8 line, 21 character back lit large screen LCD
- Low temperature operation as low as -20ºC
- User friendly interface
- 9 speed slew control with quiet mode
- Large object database
- Serial port for firmware upgrade
The Hard Case for the CEM60 mount protects your mount whether you're heading out for a night of observation, or when you need to store it. The case features custom-fit foam padding to hold the mount in place and cushion it from impacts. The exterior has reinforced edges on the outside to help minimize denting and damage. There are dual trigger latches to secure the lid in place, and a carry handle.
What's in the box
- Telescope mount – with GPS, and AccuAlign dark field illuminated Polar Scope
- Hand controller (HC) – Go2Nova® #8407
- Counterweight – 21 lbs X1 (9.5 kg)
- Stainless steel counterweight shaft
- HC controller cable
- RS232‐RJ9 serial cable
- Polar scope LED cable
- AC adapter – 100‐240V
- Hard case
- Quick Start Guide
- Tripod NOT included
|Mount ||Center-balanced Equatorial Mount (CEM) |
|Payload ||60 lb (27.2kg), exclude counterweight * |
|Mount weight ||27 lb (12.3kg) |
|Payload/Mount weight ratio ||2.22:1 |
|Material ||All metal (except GPS cover) |
|Latitude adjustment range ||0°~ 70° |
|Azimuth adjustment range ||± 8° |
|Right Ascension worm wheel ||Φ146mm, 288 tooth aluminum |
|Declination worm wheel ||Φ146mm, 288 tooth aluminum |
|PEC ||PPEC |
|PE (by encoder) ||< ±5 arcsec p-p |
|Counterweight shaft ||Φ28x 450 mm Stainless Steel |
|Counterweight ||21 lb (9.5 kg) |
|Mount base size ||Φ150 mm |
|Motor drive ||Stepper motor |
|Resolution ||0.06 arc seconds |
|Slew speed ||1×,2×,8×,16×,64×,128×,256×,512×,MAX(~3.75°/sec) |
|Power consumption ||0.6A(Tracking),1.1A(GOTO) |
|Power requirement ||12V DC 2A |
|AC adapter ||100V ~ 240V (included) |
|Polar Scope ||AccuAlign TM dark field illuminated, 2 arc min |
|Level indicator ||Level bubble |
|Dovetail saddle ||8” Losmandy/Vixen dual saddle |
|Hand Controller ||Go2Nova® 8407+ 359,000 objects database, star recognition |
|Meridian treatment ||Stop (0-15° pass), auto flip |
|GPS ||Internal 32-channel GPS |
|Autoguide port ||ST-4 |
|Communication port ||Serial port |
|PC computer control ||Yes (ASCOM) |
|Cable management ||4X USB, 2X DC12V (MAX 5A), 6P6C |
|Operation temperature ||-20°C ~ +45°C |
|Tripod ||Optional 2 "tripod Stainless Steel(8kg)/Pier (10kg) |
|Warranty ||Two year limited |
* iOptron's quoted max' payload is a guide only. If you will be using the mount for astrophotography (or your telescope is unusually long or large) we recommend the quoted max' payload be reduced by 1/3rd.
Downloads / Manuals
Quick Start Guide
Download Latest Firmware
iOptron Telescope ASCOM Driver:
Install ASCOM Driver and Commander
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |
Friday, 29 May 2020 | Jonathan
I absolutely love this mount, It was an upgrade for my AVX which was just not cutting it with an Edge HD 8" SCT on top and others bits and bobs (about 11kg payload) for Astro Photography. If you want to get into AP then save your cash for a mount such as this. Its features are fantastic, everything from the hand controller (which I barely use as all automated) to the built in GPS and bubble level, saddle power sockets... its quiet and smooth, balances beautifully and handles tons of weight (unlike the AVX!). First week using it, I am now guiding at an average RMS of 0.5, Yes I said 0.5 !!!!! 5 minute exposures and not even a hint of star trails... I love it!
I didn't bother with the EC version for £1k more - good guiding software is all you need (PHD!).
Its getting used every night at then moment, stay away clouds, this is too much fun!
Amazing customer service and amazing mount!
Thursday, 23 January 2020 | Tero
FLO has fast and awesome customer service! First night out with this mount was amazing; out of the box it was guiding straight 4 hours and 30 minutes on average 0.74 RMS without massive tweaking of default PHD2 parameters. Every single subframe was perfect! Total or 49 x 5 minutes of data! This mount is amazing!
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.