About this product
Part Number: 3550A
Introducing The SkyGuider Pro - iOptron’s next generation camera tracking device now with iPolar installed!
This newly updated SkyGuider Pro mount is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand yet offers high precision, near silent, tracking.
Other features include a built-in rechargeable power source, an ST-4 guiding port and camera trigger port.
The DEC mounting bracket allows you to more easily balance a heavy camera and/or lens. It can also be used with a compact refractor telescope.
The optional iOptron 8408 hand controller enables you to check the Pole Star position for polar alignment, slew the mount, adjust the guiding rate, change the mount settings and control the camera trigger.
This mount has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
The SkyGuider Pro features four tracking rates, 1x or sidereal, 1/2x for sky and landscape combined, solar and lunar. All four work in both northern and southern hemispheres. IOptron have also added a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse to help you quickly reframe your image without disrupting the cameras position.
Significant improvements have been made to the removable alt-azimuth base, which features a convenient bubble level, degree markings for altitude and a built in post for azimuth control. You can also mount the SkyGuider Pro head (without the base) directly to any standard photographic tripod with 1/4” or 3/8” threads.
Note: The camera, tripod and ball head pictured above are for illustration purposes only. They are not included.
- All metal mechanical structure
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- Payload 5kg / 11lbs (balanced, with DEC mounting bracket, exclude CW)
- Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-azi base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
- Includes iOptron iPolarTM electronic polar scope
- 4 tracking speed (1X, 1/2X, solar and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars; 1/2X tracking speed for imaging both the starry night and the landscapes at the same time
- Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
- Quick slew (144X) for camera framing adjustment
- Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours of operation (20°C)
- Built-in ST-4 autoguiding port
- HBX port for external hand controller
- Micro USB port for power, charging and firmware upgrade
- Built-in shutter triggering port
- Padded carry bag included
- DEC mounting bracket
- Counterweight and CW shaft
- Vixen dovetail saddle for scope mounting
- Optional ball heads available separately (#3305A)
- Optional tripod (#3221)
- Optional Go2Nova® 8408 hand controller (#8408)
- Optional DSLR camera shutter trigger cable
What's in the box
- SkyGuider Pro camera mount
- Alt-azi base (installed)
- iPolarTM electronic polar scope (installed)
- Micro USB charging cable
- Padded carry bag
- DEC mounting bracket w/ camera mounting disk
- 1.35kg counterweight
- CW shaft
|Mount ||Compact single axis tracking EQ |
|Payload (Max.) ||5kg / 11lbs, balanced |
|Mount weight ||1kg / 2.2lbs with battery |
|Mount weight with base ||1.45kg / 3.2lbs with battery |
|Body material ||All metal |
|RA shaft ||Φ35mm, steel |
|Worm wheel ||Φ88mm, 144 teeth Aluminium alloy |
|R.A. worm ||Φ15.2mm, brass |
|Bearing ||4 pieces |
|Motor drive ||DC servo motor with optical encoder |
|Tracking ||R.A. automatic |
|Tracking speed ||Solar, Lunar, Cel, 1/2 Cel, and N/S |
|Fast slew speed ||144X, forward and reverse |
|Guiding port ||ST-4 compatible |
|Polar scope ||Includes iOptron iPolar electronic polar scope |
|Camera trigger ||Yes |
|Hand controller ||Yes (with optional 8408 HC) |
|Power Requirement ||Internal rechargeable battery |
|Battery type ||Li-Poly, 3.7V, 2000mAh |
|Duration of operation ||Up to 20 hours at 20ºC |
|Power charge port ||Micro USB (5V), 80% charge in 5 hours |
|Camera mounting block ||Φ62mm, 3/8" post thread |
|Body base connection ||Vixen dovetail, 3/8” socket (1/4” converter) |
|Alt-Azi adjustable base ||Vixen style saddle, 3/8” socket |
|Alt-Azi adjustable base diameter ||Φ80 mm |
|Latitude adjustment range ||-30º ~ 65º (with alt-azi base) |
|Azimuth adjustment range ||±5º |
|Level indicator ||Level bubble |
|Body dimension ||133x115x95 mm (w/o alt-azi base) |
|Counterweight shaft ||Φ20x200 mm w/ 3/8”-16 threads |
|Counterweight ||1.35kg |
|Firmware upgrade ||Yes (via USB port) |
|Operation Temperature ||-10ºC ~40ºC |
|Warranty ||One year limited (90 day on battery) |
Downloads / Manuals
Quick Start Guide
YouTube Assembly Instructions
SkyGuider Pro configuration examples
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.