About this product
Part Number: C262A1
NEW compact Center-Balanced equatorial Mount (CEM) weighs only 10 lb yet supports up to 26 lb payload!
The CEM26 mount's Centre-Balanced design positions payload weight at the centre of gravity for increased natural stability.
Features include precise whisper quiet stepper motors (periodic error < ± 10 arc seconds) large easy to use quick-lock gear clutches, built-in WiFi for easy connectivity and recordable Permanent Period Error Correction (PPEC).
Can be purchased with iOptron AccuAlign optical polarscope or iPolar electronic polar finder.
The CEM26 is also equipped with the latest advanced Go2Nova® 8409 with 212,000 object database & star identification. The Go2Nova® Hand Controller is intuitive to use and its large 4-line LCD screen simplifies the process of setting telescopes and locating objects.
- Compact Center-Balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Payload of 26 lbs (11.8 kg) with the mount-only weight of 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
- Precise stepper motors with low power consumption
- Low periodic error (< ± 10 arc seconds)
- Permanent Period Error Correction (PPEC)
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- Ideal for entry-level and intermediate astrophotography
- Large easy to use quick-lock gear clutches on R.A. and DEC axes
- Choose iOptron AccuAlign optical polarscope or iPolar electronic polar finder
- Go2Nova® 8409 with 212,000 object database & star identification
- Integrated WiFi for full function control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer
- ST-4 autoguiding port
- USB port
- Optional 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Spring loaded Vixen-style saddle
- Available with 1.5 inch stainless steel tripod or 1.75" LiteRoc tripod
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with accessory tray
Go2Nova Hand Controller 8409
- 212,000 object database & star identification
- Large LCD screen with 4 lines and 21-character with backlit LED buttons
- User friendly interface
- 9-speed setting for motor slew speed
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and mount computer control
Optional Hard Case
Optional hard case for CEM26 mount protects your mount. The case features custom-fit foam padding to hold the mount in place and cushion it from impacts. The exterior has reinforced edges on the outside to help minimise denting and damage. There are dual trigger latches to secure the lid in place, and a carry handle.
What's in the box
- Telescope mount with iPolar
- Hand controller (HC) – Go2Nova® 8409
- Tripod with accessory tray – 1.5‐inch or 1.75 inch LiteRoc
- Counterweight – 10.4 lbs X1 (4.7 kg)
- Counterweight shaft
- Controller cables x2
- RS232‐RJ9 serial cable
- AC adapter – 100‐240V
|Mount ||Center-Balanced Equatorial Mount |
|Payload ||26 lb (11.8 kg), excludes counterweight |
|Mount weight ||10 lb (4.5kg) |
|Payload/Mount weight ||2.60 |
|Periodic error (PE) * ||<±10 arcsec |
|Right Ascension worm wheel ||Φ88mm, 144 teeth aluminum |
|Declination worm wheel ||Φ88mm, 144 teeth aluminum |
|Right Ascension axis shaft ||Φ35mm steel |
|Declination axis shaft ||Φ35mm steel |
|Right Ascension bearing ||Φ55mm ball bearing |
|Declination bearing ||Φ55mm ball bearing |
|Worm gears ||Φ15.2mm, Brass |
|Motor drive ||1.8º stepper motor, 128x microdivision |
|Resolution ||0.17 arc seconds |
|Transmission ||Synchronous belt |
|Latitude adjustment range ||0º ~ 60º |
|Azimuth adjustment range ||± 10º |
|GPS ||Optional/external |
|Polar Scope ||iOptron AccuAlign polarscope or iPolar electronic polar finder |
|Level indicator ||Level bubble |
|Hand Controller ||Go2Nova® 8409 with 212,000 & star identification |
|PEC ||PPEC |
|Tracking ||Automatic |
|Max slew speed ||6º/Sec (1440x) |
|Power consumption ||0.5A (tracking) 0.8A (GOTO) |
|Power requiremention ||DC 12V, 5A |
|AC adapter ||100V ~ 240V (included) |
|Power-down memory ||Yes |
|Serial port ||Yes (on hand controller) |
|Autoguide port ||ST4 |
|Firmware upgrade ||Yes |
|PC computer control ||Yes (ASCOM) |
|Counterweight shaft ||Φ20mm, Adjustable, Stainless Steel |
|Counterweight ||10 lb (4.5 kg) |
|Tripod ||1.5‐inch or 1.75 inch LiteRoc |
|Dovetail saddle ||Spring loaded Vixen-style |
|Operation temperature ||-10ºC ~ 40ºC |
|Warranty ||Two year limited |
Downloads / Manuals
Download Latest Firmware
iOptron Telescope ASCOM Driver:
Install ASCOM Driver and Commander
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |Wow amazing just buy one!
Thursday, 4 February 2021 | John
After owing several mounts over the years I am now a owner of the cem26 and this mount is quality and so smooth and quiet the material is of good quality and the finish is really pleasing to the eye.
As for what the mount does well no complaints from me I set everything up using the asiair pro and selected 600minuit exposures and perfect images are sharp no trail so yeah just buy one and finally itís very light yet sturdy so I highly recommend this.
Tuesday, 2 February 2021 | Brian
You can tell instantly that this is a great quality product out of the box. Very solid and well made. It's far from light-weight though! That said the the whole mount and tripod looks and feels well constructed and was relatively easy to set up.
Not yet managed to do the polar alignment so may have to comment on that later. However, the instructions for set-up leave a lot to be desired - the Quick Start manual is scanty at best and overall rather poor. You'd be advised to download the complete online manual together with the ipolar instructions. It's not well written or fully explained. FLO, however, came to the rescue and offered some helpful pointers. IOpton could at least have provided a full printed guide with more detailed instructions and explanations. The only other drawback is that to install ipolar and firmware updates a Windows computer is needed - I find that bizarre when so many people will use an Apple based device but at least there are ways around that issue. Despite these drawbacks I think this is a first class product deserving of 5 stars as does FLO for their super efficient service.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.