About this product
Part Number: C402AN3
New CEM40 with Intel NUC mounting adapter.
Need more versatility without cable tangling? The iOptron CEM40-NUC mates with an Intel NUC minicomputer (thickness ≤38mm) at the front of the dovetail saddle seamlessly via the cable management system.
iOptron NUC series mount info
Next generation design!
The iOptron® CEM40 mount is a remarkably capable center-balanced equatorial mounts and the first to feature iOptron's next generation design.
Weighing in at only 15.8lbs, it can support a payload of up to 40lbs. Which is remarkable!
Features include iOptron's integrated electronic polar finder scope, known as the iPolar, which ensures accurate polar alignment even when the pole star is obscured.
Large Clutch levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system make it easy to lock the gears into place.
Innovative iOptron Technology
IOptron's patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle 'USCS' accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. It also accepts Sky-Watcher & Celestron dovetails.
In addition the CEM40 features iOptron's ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper motor drive system for precise pointing and tracking.
Computerised Mount Features
Using iOptron's Go2Nova® 8407 GOTO hand controller you can automatically point and centre any of the celestial targets (depending of course on date and location) contained in it's 359,000+ object database!
With the included tripod, 5 kg counterweight (8027) and computerised GOTO technology, observers are just a telescope away from an impressive viewing experience!
- New design, centre-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Designed for both visual astronomy and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40 lbs (18 kg) with the mount weight of only 15.8 lbs (7.2 kg)
- All metal and CNC machined with red/black anodising
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolar electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error (< ± 7 arc seconds)
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Advanced cable management system for mount and NUC
- 6" Losmandy D & Vixen dual dovetail saddle with NUC mounting adapter
- Optional 1.5 or 1.75" inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (5kg / 8kg)
- Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer
Go2Nova Hand Controller 8407
- 200,000+ object database
- 8 line, 21 character back lit large screen LCD
- Low temperature operation as low as -20ºC
- User friendly interface
- 9 speed slew control with quiet mode
- Large object database
- Serial port for firmware upgrade
What's in the box
Supplied in two boxes.
- CEM40 mount head
- CW shaft
- 1x 11lb (5kg) Counterweight
- GO2Nova 8407+ hand controller with cord.
- 1.5" or 1.75" steel tripod if applicable
|Mount ||Center-balanced Equatorial Mount (CEM) |
|Max Payload ||40 lb (18 kg), exclude counterweight* |
|Mount weight ||15.8 lb (7.2 kg) |
|Payload/Mount weight ratio ||2.5 |
|Structure Material ||All metal, CNC machined, red/black anodised |
|Latitude adjustment range ||0º ~ 60º(special CW shaft mounting if <10° ) |
|Azimuth adjustment range ||± 6º |
|Tracking accuracy (PE)** ||<±7 arcsec |
|PEC ||PPEC |
|Period ||400 sec |
|Worm diameter ||Φ17mm, Brass |
|Right Ascension worm wheel ||Φ110mm, 216 teeth, zero backlash |
|Declination worm wheel ||Φ110mm, 216 teeth, zero backlash |
|Right Ascension axis shaft ||Φ45mm steel |
|Declination axis shaft ||Φ45mm steel |
|Right Ascension bearings ||Φ68mm |
|Declination bearings ||Φ68mm |
|Counterweight shaft ||Φ28X410 mm, Stainless Steel (1.2 kg) |
|Counterweight ||1x 5kg (11lbs) |
|Motor ||Precision stepper motor, 1.8º/128x micro-step |
|Motor resolution ||0.08 arcsec (200 PPS) |
|Transmission ||Synchronous belt |
|Hand Controller ||Go2Nova® 8407+, 8 line 21 character LCD |
|Star Database ||359,000+, star identification |
|Power ||DC 12V, 5A |
|AC adapter ||100V ~ 240V (included) |
|Power consumption ||0.6A (Tracking), 0.9A (GOTO) |
|Power-down memory ||Yes |
|Polar scope ||Internal iPolar electronic polar scope |
|Meridian treatment ||Stop (0-10° pass), flip |
|Operation temperature ||-20°C ~ +45°C |
|Zero position ||Automatic zero search |
|Dovetail saddle ||6" Losmandy D & Vixen |
|Max slew speed ||4.5°/sec (1080x) |
|Guiding port ||ST-4 |
|Communication port ||USB |
|GPS ||Yes |
|WiFi ||External (optional) |
|Cable Management ||DC12V (3A), DC (5A), GUIDE, USB |
For NUC: DC 19V, LAN and USB
|Tripod ||Optional 1.5" or 1.75" Stainless Steel tripod or tri-pier |
|Hard Case ||Optional |
|Operation Temperature ||-10ºC ~ 40ºC |
|Warranty ||Two year limited |
* This is only guideline. Some telescopes are unusually long or large for their weight so may require a larger mount. Consider also max' payloads for astrophotography are typically 1/3 less than for visual astronomy.
** Measured with encoder, 400 seconds
Downloads / Manuals
iOptron CEM40 Instruction Manual
iOptron Telescope ASCOM Driver:
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. Does the CEM40 mount fit the iOptron tri-pier?
Yes - the CEM40 fits directly to the tri-pier, no additional adapters are required.