- Special telescope for observing the Sun
- Also for night sky observing, modular design
- For visual observation & photography
- 2-lens ED refractor FPL-51, 70/60mm aperture
- Bandwidth less than 0.7 Angstrom
- Large B1200 blocking filter in zenith mirror
- High-end Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Also for Ca-K & White-Light solar observing
- Absolutely safe, no danger to the eye
With innovative air pressure tuning system and 2 inch (50.8mm) Crayford focuser. Delivered without blocking filter, use for H-Alpha sun observation only possible with additional blocking filter!
Solar observing in H-alpha:
The LS60MT/B1200 is a complete telescope for observing the sun in H-alpha light, with 60mm free aperture (no central obstruction) and 420mm focal length. The H-alpha wavelength is the most impressive way to observe the sun, showing protuberances at the sun's edge, filaments and flares on the surface, and much more. An internal Etalon filter achieves a bandwidth of <0.7 Angstrom with the innovative air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner. Tuning is done by slightly changing the air pressure in a pressure chamber inside the telescope. This changes the refractive index of the air, making it easy to tune to the H-alpha line. The pressure tuner guarantees a homogeneous image, without central obstruction, and a permanently protected Etalon without erosion. A set of collimating lenses installed in the telescope ensures best performance.
Fine adjustment is achieved with a outstanding 2 inch Feather-Touch focuser from Starlight-Instruments with 10:1 reduction.
Blocking-filter is the B1200. The B1200 is very good for visual solar observing, and also for solar imaging.
The star diagonal in which the blocking filter is installed, is equipped as standard for 1.25 inch eyepieces and with a T2 camera connection.
Observing the starry night sky:
The H-alpha Etalon system can be removed from the telescope in a few easy steps thanks to its modular design. The 2-lens ED refractor can then be used as a normal telescope with 70mm aperture and 420mm focal length for observation and photography of the night sky. The ED Doublet lens will offer an excellent image. It can be used with a standard 2 inch zenith mirror at the Crayford focuser.
With an additional Amici prism, the telescope can of course also be used during the day for nature and landscape observations.
This makes the LS60MT, with its small dimensions and low weight, also an ideal travel telescope for all applications!
- 2-lens ED refractor, FPL-51
- Aperture: 70mm
- Usable aperture in H-alpha: 60mm (no central obstruction)
- Focal length: 420mm
- Bandwidth: internal Etalon with <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner
- Blocking filter: B1200 with 1.25 inch and T2 connection
- Focuser: Feather-Touch focuser from Starlight-Instruments with 10:1 reduction
- Tube-ring with 1/4-20 tapped base (standard thread for photo-tripods)
- Weight with H-alpha unit: 3.8kg
- Weight without H-alpha unit: 2.6kg
- Length with H-alpha unit and blocking filter: 40cm
- Length without H-alpha unit: 31cm