This telescope can be combined with a LUNT blocking-filter as desired, such an additional blocking-filter is necessary for using the telescope
- Special telescope for observing the Sun
- Attention: Additional blocking filter required!
- Also for night sky observing, modular design
- For visual observation & photography
- 2-lens ED refractor FPL-51, 70/60mm aperture
- Bandwidth less than 0.7 Angstrom
- High-end Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Also for Ca-K & White-Light solar observing
- Absolutely safe, no danger to the eyes
With innovative air pressure tuning system and high-quality 2 inch (50.8mm) Feather Touch focuser. Delivered without blocking filter, use for H-Alpha sun observation only possible with additional blocking filter!
This telescope is supplied without blocking filter. We offer a wide range of additionally available blocking filters in different sizes, either mounted in a 90° star-diagonal housing or in a straight extension tube. These are all usable with this telescope.
ATTENTION: Without such an additional blocking filter you cannot use this telescope for H-alpha solar observation!
Solar observing in H-alpha:
The LS60MT/B600 is a telescope for observing the sun in H-alpha light, with 60mm free aperture (no central obstruction) and 420mm focal length. The H-alpha wavelength is the most impressive way to observe the sun, showing protuberances at the sun's edge, filaments and flares on the surface, and much more. An internal Etalon filter achieves a bandwidth of <0.7 Angstrom with the innovative air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner. Tuning is done by slightly changing the air pressure in a pressure chamber inside the telescope. This changes the refractive index of the air, making it easy to tune to the H-alpha line. The pressure tuner guarantees a homogeneous image, without central obstruction, and a permanently protected Etalon without erosion. A set of collimating lenses installed in the telescope ensures best performance.
Fine adjustment is achieved with a 2 inch Feathertouch Focuser focuser with 10:1 reduction.
This version of the LS60MT is delivered without blocking filter. Therefore an additional blocking filter is required to use the telescope for solar observation in the H-alpha wavelength. You can choose from the wide range of Lunt Solar Systems blocking filters and decide for example if you want a blocking filter in a 90° star-diagonal housing or one in a straight extension tube.
Observing the starry night sky:
The H-alpha Etalon system can be removed from the telescope in a few easy steps thanks to its modular design. The 2-lens ED refractor can then be used as a normal telescope with 70mm aperture and 420mm focal length for observation and photography of the night sky. The ED Doublet lens will offer an excellent image. It can be used with a standard 2 inch zenith mirror at the focuser.
With an additional Amici prism, the telescope can of course also be used during the day for nature and landscape observations.
This makes the LS60MT, with its small dimensions and low weight, also an ideal travel telescope for all applications!
- 2-lens ED refractor, FPL-51
- Aperture: 70mm
- Usable aperture in H-alpha: 60mm (no central obstruction)
- Focal length: 420mm
- Bandwidth: internal Etalon with <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner
- Supplied without blocking filter, additionally available blocking filter absolutely necessary!
- Focuser: Feather-Touch focuser from Starlight-Instruments with 10:1 reduction
- Tube-ring with 1/4-20 tapped base (standard thread for photo-tripods)
- Weight with H-alpha unit: 3.8kg
- Weight without H-alpha unit: 2.6kg
- Length with H-alpha unit and blocking filter: 40cm
- Length without H-alpha unit: 31cm