About this product
Premium quality, super flexible, cold resistant silicone 2 or 5 metre replacement power leads with Cigar Lighter plug or M8 Ring Tongues to 12mm, 2-pin DC Jack.
For use with Skywatcher AZ-EQ5 / AZ-EQ6 and EQ6-R mounts.
Lynx Astro power cables remain soft and flexible, even in the sub-zero temperatures often experienced by astronomers.
Each lead is individually tested for electrical continuity, shorts and power load during manufacture.
- Over-spec' 12 amp rated silicone cable remains soft and flexible, even at sub-zero temperatures, so is less likely to twist and tangle like cheap alternatives.
- High quality cigar-lighter plug with red power indicator and cable-restraint to prevent damage.
- Cigar-lighter plug rated to 10 amp, fitted with a 5 amp fast-blow fuse.
- Cables with ring-tongues are fitted with M8 Ring Tongues (fit over M6 and M8 connector posts)
- Mount Jacks have over-long heat-shrink sleeving applied for additional protection against dew and damp
- Every lead individually tested for electrical continuity, shorts and power load during manufacture.
Please check your product's manual for use and suitability.
Please note: Cables ending in ring-tongues are unfused, please ensure your PSU has a suitable fuse or circuit breaker to protect your mounts electronics. We accept no responsibility for equipment damaged as a result of using an incorrect cable, incorrect power orientation or connection without a suitable fuse.
|Average Rating (5 Reviews): |
Wednesday, 29 April 2020 | Diego
The cable in general is a big improvement over the OEM cable provided with the mount (very flexible even at -20C). The only problem I have had is that after almost 3 months of use, the black sleeve protecting the cable at the end of the connector has broken, I guess due to the movement of the mount head from one side to another. Other than that, First Light Optics managed my order in a very professional way. I was reluctant to buy from an oversea buyer (I live in Canada) but I won't hesitate to do it with FLO.
The sleeving should only become damaged if is is subjected to excessive strain. If yours has failed under normal use please get in touch with us and we can arrange to repair / replace it.
Wednesday, 18 December 2019 | Ron.
Another order received mucho pronto.
Happy Xmas to all Flo. Staff.
Tuesday, 29 October 2019 | Lee
This is a high quality cable that I don't have any concerns about running outside to supply power to my mount.. As already stated, great in the cold as well with no loss of flexibility.
Saturday, 28 April 2018 | David
i have other lynx products ,this too is well made ,flexible lead so doesn't stiffen in the cold nice length of cable
would recommend lynx products very well made built to last .
Saturday, 3 March 2018 | James
This lead is worth every penny. It remains very flexible at low temperatures and its length enables an indoor power supply to be used.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.