About this product
Part Number: FES-ASS-GENERAL MOUNT CABLE CI
Premium quality, super flexible, cold resistant silicone 2 or 5 metre replacement power leads with Cigar Lighter plug or M8 Ring Tongues to 2.1mm centre-positive DC Jack.
For use with Skywatcher SupaTrak, AZ GoTo, EQ3-2, EQ5, HEQ5 & NEQ6 series mounts. Also suitable for ZWO cooled cameras and other astronomy accessories that require a 2.1mm center positive, 12v power supply.
Lynx Astro power cables remain soft and flexible, even in the sub-zero temperatures often experienced by astronomers.
Each lead is individually tested for electrical continuity, shorts and power load during manufacture.
- Over-spec' 12 amp rated silicone cable remains soft and flexible, even at sub-zero temperatures, so is less likely to twist and tangle like cheap alternatives.
- High quality cigar-lighter plug with red power indicator and cable-restraint to prevent damage.
- Cigar-lighter plug rated to 10 amp, fitted with a 5 amp fast-blow fuse.
- Cables with ring-tongues are fitted with M8 Ring Tongues (fit over M6 and M8 connector posts)
- 2.1mm Jacks have over-long heat-shrink sleeving applied for additional protection against dew and damp
- Every lead individually tested for electrical continuity, shorts and power load during manufacture.
Please check your product's manual for use and suitability.
Please note: Cables ending in ring-tongues are unfused, please ensure your PSU has a suitable fuse or circuit breaker to protect your mounts electronics. We accept no responsibility for equipment damaged as a result of using an incorrect cable, incorrect power orientation or connection without a suitable fuse.
|Average Rating (4 Reviews): |
Wednesday, 5 June 2019 | Robert
The last tome I used my mount i brushed against my original lead 4 times and each time power was lost to my mount.
Old lead now replaced by Lynx Astro power lead.
Well there’s no comparison between the two the new lead is far superior to my old one.
The cigarette plug is a good tight fit with no sign of any play whilst connected to my power supply. The same also applies to the 2.5mm jack plug that connects to my NEQ6 mount.
The silicone cable is nice and supple which shpuld help to avoid any potential cable wrap problems problems all in all a good investment in my opinion and one I would recommend to any one.
The service from FLO was exceptional ordered Friday delivered on Saturday and on a bank holiday as well
Keep up the good work
Fantasic flexible cable and plenty long enough too!
Friday, 18 January 2019 | Alan
I bought this cable to work with my Skywatcher AZ GTi mount and it works well.
Friday, 18 May 2018 | Amit
I don't think its going to fray away and snap for next 25 years
Friday, 27 April 2018 | Simon
I bought one of these cables to power my EQ3-2 after a previous cable failed. I felt that the silicone cable would be better at coping in the cold and (sometimes) damp conditions.
I have been using this for a few months now and haven't had any problems. Recomended to anyone looking for a versatile cable.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.