Tri-knob model with Shaft-lock and two finder shoes.
This beautifully engineered Moonlite Crayford focuser features their dual-rate Tri-Knob mechanism with an over-sized 8 to 1 reduction unit that uses a preloaded, all ball-bearing planetary reduction system with no backlash or play. The inline unit can be rolled with the slightest touch for very fine focus movements and has an auto brake when focus is stopped. No wiggling, perfect collimation and a 6 lb load capacity make this option ideal for visual or imaging use.
It also features their Shaft Lock mechanism - a unique mini brass compression ring clamp that allows the user to lock the shaft without deflecting the drawtube. This type of focus lock is much better then the old 'thumb screw against the draw tube' style that shifts the image when clamped.
The fine knob is on the right by default but can be made left-handed if required.
- 2" Zero backlash, no image shift Crayford design with 1 1/4" adapter.
- Compression-ring eyepiece clamp.
- 4 1/2" travel, baffled drawtube.
- Min racked in height is 4.1"
- Max racked out height is 8.35"
- Lifting capacity is 6 lb (10 lb with DC motors & Lacey PC interface option) and is user adjustable with a nylon thumb screw.
- Dual rate unit has an 8 to 1 reduction ratio using an in-line all bearing planetary drive system. It is pre loaded for no backlash and extreme fine "light touch" focus ability.
- Interface adapter has tip/tilt collimation set screws that are configured in a push pull arrangement to provide collimation of the focuser if needed.
- Total weight is 3lbs 8.4oz due to the much needed heavy interface adapter acting like built in counter weights. This allows the scope to balance higher in the cradle rings providing much needed EP height.
- Sealed precision stainless steel bearings with lithium grease.
- Highly polished surfaces for extremely smooth focus action.
- Built in dovetail finder bracket.
- Knobs are large 1 1/4" polished aluminium 2024 alloy
- All hardware is stainless steel.
- Thumb screws are aluminium.
MoonLite manufactures a range of flanges to suit most popular refractors, they also offer custom flanges by request. Please use the menu to select the flange located at the bottom of this page.
The flange bolts on to the focuser body with 3 bolts and acts as an interface between the refractor's OTA and the main focuser body. The thickness and diameter of the flange is designed for the telescope it is to be installed on. The smooth bore type flanges all have collimation ability using a simple 3-point push pull bolt/setscrew arrangement. The threaded style flanges do not provide collimation ability. Please note all focusers are factory collimated before dispatch and do not require any adjustment. The only time collimation should be changed is if the OTA has some kind of defect causing the focuser to sit slanted on the tube. In this case the focuser's collimation ability would come in handy to correct the mechanical centerline collimation of the OTA in question. All flanges below have a rotating ability with lock knob providing camera angle adjustment.
- The Celestron 80ED flange is threaded to fit the new Celestron 80 ED. It is collimatable and rotatable and has twin dove tail finder brackets.
- The Celestron 100ED flange is threaded to fit the new Celestron 100 ED. It is collimatable and rotatable and has twin dove tail finder brackets.
- The Skywatcher Equinox flange fits Skywatcher Equinox 80, 100, and 120 APOs, it is collimatable and rotatable and has twin dove tail finder brackets.
- The Meade 80 flange fits the Series 5000 80mm ED APO refractor. It matches the original thread pattern of the Meade OTA. It is collimatable and rotatable and has twin dove tail finder brackets. The 4.5" travel brass compression ring drawtube is a perfect match for this scope.
- The Skywatcher (Synta) format flange is a direct fit for the Skywatcher 80, 100 & 120 ED PRO series and other Synta manufactured scopes such as the Celestron 6" refractor, Orion's 150mm, 120mm, 100mm, and 80mm refractors, Orion's ED80, ED100, and ED120 and Vixen's ED80FS, ED100SF. It is collimatable and rotatable and has twin dove tail finder brackets.
- The WO 66mm flange fits the William Optics 66mm Megrez and ZenithStar refractors and the AT 66. It is collimatable and rotatable and has twin dove tail finder brackets.
- The WO 80, 90, and 102mm flange fits both the William Optics 80mm 90mm, and 102mm Megrez and ZenithStar refractors. The flange is a rotatable (1/2 flange) that reuses the original OTA end cap off the OTA. Unbolt the original WO focuser (3 bolts) and bolt on the MoonLite Focuser in its place. It has twin dove tail fider brackets.
- The WO 105mm flange fits the William Optics 105mm refractor. The flange is a rotatable (1/2 flange) that reuses the original OTA end cap off the OTA. Unbolt the original WO focuser (3 bolts) and bolt on the MoonLite Focuser in its place. It has twin dove tail fider brackets.
- Custom Flanges - Moonlite can machine a custom flange to fit your OTA. The cost is normally around £39 for flanges up to 4" and £79 for flanges up to 8" in diameter. Custom machining normally takes a few weeks. Please contact us for a quote and anticipated turnaround time.
The profile of the CF focuser depends on the flange installed. The flange thickness is designed to make the CF focuser mimic the focuser it is to replace.