About this product
The MoonLite CR1 Classic Crayford Focuser is an affordable, premium quality 2" Crayford focuser with a low 1.45" profile, two inches of travel (standard draw tube) and a vertical lifting capacity of 3 lbs!
The CR1 has extremely smooth focus action due to all bearing riding surfaces polished to a near mirror-like finish before anodising.
Non-marring compression-ring eyepiece clamp.
Several colour options and drawtube lengths are available as well as matching curve adapters, spacers and install kits for a professional Installation.
This beautifully engineered single-speed Crayford focuser offers remarkable performance at an affordable price.
- 1.45" low profile, Zero backlash, No image shift Crayford design.
- 2" travel, 3.3" long draw tube (Standard), Min racked down height 1.45" , Max rack up height 3.45"
- Other draw tube lengths options are available
- Vertical lifting capacity is 3 lbs.
- Super smooth focus rate is .58" per revolution.
- Flat base dimensions are L=3.5" W=2.9" H=1.45"
- Weight: 13 ounces.
- Tip/tilt focuser alignment screws located in each corner of the base.
- Sealed precision stainless steel bearings with lithium grease.
- Base is highly polished, red anodized 6061 aluminium.
- The flat on the draw tube is hand polished with no machine marks for an ultra-smooth action.
- Knobs are 1" knurled 2024 polished aluminium.
- All hardware is stainless steel.
- Thumb screws are aluminium.
For visual use most owners select the standard 50mm draw-tube length. For imaging the shorter 38mm draw-tube is preferred. For the Skywatcher 190MN Maksutov-Newtonian please select the standard 50mm draw-tube.
Note: Moonlite's single-speed CR1 focuser has a lifting capacity of 3 lbs whereas their dual-speed CR2 focuser with Tri-knob and shaft-lock can lift 6 lb.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for advice.
|Average Rating (3 Reviews): |
Tuesday, 14 July 2020 | Volkan
I replace my Celestron 8" newtonians focuser. "Belly dancing" stupid focuser gone a perfect focuser came. Perfect collimation, perfect movement. Great product but... It's impossible to assemble a motor focuser. There is no place, no fitting screw for my ZWO ASI motor focuser. I'm looking for a solution for this issue.
Wednesday, 7 March 2018 | Timothy
I've just fitted this to my Mag 1 10 inch Portaball to replace the helical crayford. This is a massive improvement and now collimation is finally possible. I love the color (red). Fitting is easy after some DIY work. Please note that this is taller than 1.45 inches.
Tuesday, 23 February 2016 | Craig
I've had this focuser (50mm draw tube version) along with the installation kit on my skyliner 200p for about a month now and it's £200 very well spent. With the 1" and 1/2" spacers from the kit installed I can now reach focus with all my EPs without an extension tube. The trip knob EP holder grips the EPs strongly and centres them surprisingly well and the grub screws which allow alignment of the focuser are very useful... now I can get perfect collimation using my hotech laser. No more problems with slop or misalignment at all. Focusing is so smooth and just snaps into sharp focus. The only negative is that all the supplied screws are imperial so I had to go out and but an imperial hex key set!
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.