About this product
Part Number: 10250200
There is an ever growing demand for filters suitable for extremely fast optical system such as the RASA from Celestron or the Epsilon Astrographs made by Takahashi.
The new MaxFR emission line filters are suitable for very fast focal ratios. The new series of Astronomik MaxFR Narrowband-Emissionline Filters are perfectly matched to the requirements of astronomical Deep-Sky imaging with fast optical systems with the three most important emission lines of Oxygen (OIII), Hydrogen (H-alpha) and Sulfur (SII) .
The new MaxFR filters are made in a completely new construction, designed to work perfect with fast optical systems. They incorporate the well known MFR Coating technique which gives you the best Out-of-Band blocking possible across the whole range of wavelengths from the UV up to IR! The advantage of this new design is extremely high contrast, minimised stray light, no halos and needle-sharp stars. The Astronomik MFR Narrowband-Emission line filters give you the best data quality.
- For 12nm MaxFR filters this means unlimited use from f/1.7 to f/1:8 and about 85% of the maximum transmission at f/1:1.4 as guaranteed.
- For 6nm MaxFR filters this means unlimited use from f/2.2 to f/1:8 with about 90% of the maximum transmission at f/1:2 as guaranteed performance data.
For maximum contrast the SII filter is carefully designed to block all light coming from H-alpha and NII (nitrogen).
Imaging with Narrowband-Emissionline Filters
If you have to observe from light polluted sites (as most of us do...), imaging with Narrowband-Emission line filters is the best way to take great images of emission nebula, as most kinds of light pollution can be blocked very effectively. With a Narrowband H-alpha filter you will be able to acquire deep and contrasty images even with very heavy light pollution or with the full moon high in the sky!
H-alpha is the best choice for most emission nebulae but an OIII filter expands your imaging possibilities and some emission targets are stronger in OIII than H-alpha or Sii
Planetary nebulae and star forming regions are great targets! The SII filters completes the HSO-set. With these three filters you are able to full Hubble pallet images.
Quality aspects of the new Astronomik MFR Narrowband-Emissionline Filters:
- MFR Coating: The 12nm Filters can be used on all instruments up to f/1.7, the 6nm filters up to f/2.2.
- High-Quality substrate: Astronomik filters are made with stress- and striae free, optically polished glass. The filter itself is made of ultra thin layers on this substrate!
- Parfocal filters: All Astronomik Filters are parfocal! Due to the very small thickness-tolerance the focal plane is not shifted when changing filters! We have supplied parfocal filters for optical system as fast as f/1!
- Coating: Astronomik filters are made of up to 130 layers which are coated on both sides of the substrate. These layers form the filter itself and act as a Anti-Reflection Coating.
- Durability: Due to our coating technique all Astronomik filters are highly scratch resistant, not sensitive to moisture and do not degrade with age. Every Astronomik filter will deliver it´s full perfomance and meet the specs at the point of shipping even after years of use.
- Integated Blocking: All unwanted light is blocked in the whole spectral range from UV up to the IR! (You will not need an additional UV & IR-Blocker when imaging with the new Narrowband-Emission line Filters with MFR coating!)
- Wide range of available sizes from 1.25" to 50mm filters plus DSLR Clip Filters
- Delivered in a high-quality Protection & storage box.
- Due to the outstanding Coating technique Astronomik offer a 10 year guarantee on all of their filters.
Astronomik offers the highest quality possible with every filter and due to their coating technique the filters do not degrade with age and due to the new MFR coating they are useable on nearly all instruments.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.