About this product
Part Number: 2961670
Introducing the new CMOS Optimised Ultra Narrow Band filters from Baader Planetarium in Filter Set form.
Comprises 3.5nm Ha, 4 nm OIII and SII Filters
The new generation of Baader CMOS optimised filters feature
- Increased contrast
- Ever more narrow passbands
- Reflex-Blocker™ coatings, for largest ever freedom from halos, even under most adverse conditions concerning aux-optics
- FWHM on each filter category carefully designed to allow for 1:1:1 exposures, matched for typical CMOS quantum efficiency and s/n ratio
- Identical filter thickness to existing standards, with utmost care for parfocality
- Blackened edges all around, with filter-lead-side-indicator in the form of a black frontside outer rim, to additionally eliminate any reflection due to light falling onto the edge of a filter
- Each filter coated individually, with sealed coating edge (NOT cut out of a larger plate with coatings left exposed)
- Life-Coat™: evermore hard coatings to enable a non-aging coating for life – even in a most adverse environment
- 3.5 / 4 nm FWHM (to harmonise the exposure time from H-alpha with O-III / S-II), recommended for optical systems from f/10 to f/3.5
- Optimised for modern CMOS cameras, but likewise excellent for CCD camera technologies
- For highest contrast even at strongest light pollution, minimises star size, emphasises finest nebula detail – indispensable under Bortle 9/8/7/(6) skies
Available in all the common filter sizes the new 3.5/4 nm Ultra Narrow Band Filters feature Baaders Life-Coat™ Limited-Lifetime-Warranty.
A Baader Planetarium exclusive. Filters incorporating Baader Planetarium’s Life-Coat™ technology are so durable that Baader Planetarium warrants the coatings for the life of the filter. Baader Planetarium has developed Life-Coat™ using materials and processes that result in coatings which will not degrade or fail for a lifetime. Life-Coat™ coatings resist moisture, temperature extremes, and are hardened to withstand normal cleanings.
Baader Planetarium guarantees their Life-Coat™ coatings will not peel, flake or physically degrade and will withstand repeated cleaning with fine optical cleaning equipment. The Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to the original purchaser and does not cover failure from mis-use, physical damage through improper handling, or improper cleaning.
To make a warranty claim, simply contact your retailer where you purchased the filter with proof of purchase (commercial invoice) and a detailed failure description. The dealer will then advise of the next steps.
|Average Rating (1 Review): |Baader CMOS Optimised Narrowband Filters
05 January 2022 | Paul
I have used these once since purchase and I am very pleased with the results. There are no halos around bright stars and the signal transmission is good. Auto focus with SGPro is repeatable and good HFR results achieved. I have seen bad reviews on forums but I think this is an issue of the telescope set up. With my SW Esprit 80ED and ZWO 183MM camera the filters work very well
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.