About this product
Part Number: 11303
Latest Version - Higher contrast and coating enhancements.
The Optolong H-Alpha 7nm filter is the most popular narrowband filter in the range allowing 7nm bandwidth of light centered on a wavelength of 656nm through. This filter does an excellent job of blocking out other wavelengths of light specifically artificial sources of light pollution including mercury vapour, high and low pressure sodium vapour lights and unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (skyglow).
This filter can help increase contrast and reveal subtle nebula details in your images. Suitable for imaging faint emission nebula in the H-Alpha line even in full moonlight or areas of high light pollution.
IMPORTANT: Filters manufactured by Optolong are NOT designed for observing or photographing the Sun. DO NOT use Optolong filters to observe or photograph the Sun. If you do it will result in permanent eye damage!
Red Line: H-alpha, 7nm centred at 656.3nm.
Blue Line: SII, 6.5nm centred at 671.6nm.
Green Line: OIII, 6.5nm centred at 500.7nm
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL (central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimise vignetting by maximise possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25”; 45mm for 2”)
- Aerometal Material | Precise CNC Machining | Sand Blasting Process | Black Anodised Finish | Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection | Laser Engraving No Fading
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.