About this product
Part Number: 19740-e180
Optec engineers have developed a new, low profile, yet extremely robust 3-inch focuser for telescope installations where back-focus is at a premium. With the width of a typical 1-1/4" eyepiece, the TCF-Leo provides a unique focusing solution for the Celestron EdgeHD and other telescopes with limited flange-to-focus distances. The proven FocusLynx control system is included with every TCF-Leo and can be expanded to provide control for a second focuser. The FocusLynx system includes optional 802.11 WiFi and Hand Control accessories.
This package is a complete kit for replacement of Takahashi's Epsilon-180 focuser. Requires some assembly on E-180 optical tube assembly.
- 19740-E180 19813 - Takahashi M108 x 1mm thread to OPTEC-3600 dovetail for Epsilon 180 focuser replacement
- 19740 - TCF Leo Low-profile focuser with FocusLynx control hub
- 17848 - OPTEC-3000 3-inch to M68 x 0.75mm female thread adapter for Takahashi Epsilon-180 field flattener. 1 71.25 71.25 TCF-Leo complete kit for replacement of Takahashi's Epsilon-180 native focuser. Includes field flattener / corrector lens receiver.
- 17998 - 12.5mm Extension - adapter will fit between the M108 to OPTEC-3600 and the TCF-Leo
The unique shape of the TCF-Leo is designed to fit neatly between the lock and focus knobs of the Celestron EdgeHD C-11 telescope OTA. With a centre-to-edge distance of about 2.2-inches (55mm), the TCF-Leo works exceptionally well with Innovation Foresight's On-Axis Guider, providing clearance for large cameras and filter wheels above either of the flat edges of the TCF-Leo. Additionally, the TCF-Leo's 3600 receiver fits directly on to the large 3-inch port of the Perseus Instrument Selector for ultra-fine focus of a large format camera.
For owners of the EdgeHD Celestron C1400telescopes, Optec offers a set of replacement knobs for the original lock knobs which provide clearance for the TCF-Leo.
With standard Optec interfaces on both telescope and camera sides, nearly any telescope imaging system can be configured. Specify any of our OPTEC-3600 telescope mounts or contact Precise Parts for a custom adapter to fit any telescope.
As a full 3-inch focuser, the TCF-Leo drawtube accepts any of our OPTEC-3000 adapters developed for the TCF-S3 and TCF-Lynx3 heavy duty focusers. The optional Precision Centering Adapter allows any large 2-inch diagonal or eyepiece to be added behind the focuser. Visual users will appreciate the FocusLynx Hand Controller with fine-focus rotary knob for no-touch operation of the telescope focus.
- Overall Thickness: 1.25" (31.8mm) to 1.6" (40.6mm)
- Focuser Travel: 0.35" (8.9mm)
- Focuser Midpoint: 1.425" (36.2mm)
- Total Step Travel: 112,000 steps
- Step Resolution: 0.08 microns
- Weight: 1lb. 14 oz. (0.85 kg)
- Payload Capacity: 20-lbs. (9 kg)
- Telescope-side Mount: OPTEC-3600 dovetail
- Camera-Side Mount: OPTEC-3000 3-inch drawtube
- Control System: FocusLynx Controller (included)
FocusLynx Controller Specifications
- Stepper Motor Control: bipolar and unipolar stepper motors,
- Resolution: 16-bit controller with 65,535 step range per focuser,
- PC Connectivity: USB/Serial, Ethernet, or optional 802.11 WiFi,
- Hand Control: Optional 2-button with Digital Read-Out,
- WiFi Connection: Optional 802.11b/g compatible,
- Second Stepper: Optional plug-in daughter board,
- Input Power: 12VDC universal power supply (110 to 230VAC input),
- Alternative Power: Field battery voltage (13.8VDC) with optional automotive cigarette lighter plug,
- Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X
FocusLynx Port Connections:
- Focuser 1: RJ45 socket for standard Cat-5e/Cat-6 to focuser,
- Focuser 2: Optional second stepper board for RJ45 socket,
- Power: 12VDC input, 2.5 x 5.5mm plug, center pin positive,
- Network: Standard RJ45 Ethernet socket,
- Hand Controller: RJ22 socket for standard telephone handset cord,
- Serial: RJ12 socket for Optec USB/Serial cable (included).
Options include Replacement Saddle Plate and Adaptor for Takahashi Epsilon 130/160/180 Telescopes
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.