About this product
Part Number: 91027-XLT
Generally accepted as the jewel in Celestron's crown.
The 9 1/4" was specifically designed for visual infinity focus when using 2" eyepieces and has an optimized baffle system to benefit astrophotography by minimizing vignetting at the edge of the field of view. Its longer primary focal length and lower magnification secondary mirror contribute to a flatter field of view at the focal plane and helps to further reduce optical aberrations.
Latest specification including Fastar/Hyperstar Compatibility (photo shows older model)
This C9 1/4 optical system also includes StarBright® XLT coatings.
This version of the OTA is supplied with the wider CGE / Losmandy-style Dovetail.
- 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2350 mm focal length (f/10)
- 25 mm eyepiece included (94x)
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Optical Design : Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture : 234.95 mm (9.25 in)
Focal Length : 2350 mm (92.52 in)
Focal Ratio : 10
Finderscope : 6x30
Optical Tube : Aluminum
Eyepiece 1 : 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification 1 : 94 x
Star Diagonal : 1.25
Optical Coatings : StarBright / XLT
Secondary Mirror Obstruction : 3.35 in (85.09 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area : 13.1 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter : 36.2 %
Optical Tube Length : 22 in (558.8 mm)
Optical Tube Weight : 20 lb (9.07 kg)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.