About this product
Latest Version - Improved colour balance, higher contrast and coating enhancements.
The LRGB filter set is designed for maximum contrast and with extremely high gradients for clear differentiation of colours. The LRGB filter set divides the spectrum into its components red, green, blue and luminance.
OIII emission overlaps on blue and green filters with maximum transmission to allow high efficiency and natural colour imaging. Gap between green and red filters serves to block out the primary Sodium light pollution line at 589nm and improves colour balance and separation.
Warning - Optolong filters are not designed to be used for solar observation. Do not look at the sun through this filter as it will cause permanent eye damage.
- 95% transmission at passband / Precision off-band blocking
- Infrared wavelength 700-1100nm blocked
- Suitable for use with mono CCD and CMOS cameras
- Useful for deep sky and planetary RGB imaging
- 1.25" / 2" mounted or 31mm / 36mm unmounted sizes.
- Supplied in a protective plastic case with EVA foam lining
- 2mm Thick Schott Glass
- Fine-optically polished on both sides - ensures accurate λ/4 wavefront and <30 seconds parallelism over the both surfaces
The Major Emission Lines of Nebulae: H-α (656.3nm), H-β (486.1nm), OIII (495.9nm) and OIII (500.7nm)
The Major Emission Lines of Artificial Light Pollution: Hg / Mercury (435.8nm, 546.1nm, 577nm and 578.1nm), Na / Sodium (598nm, 589.6nm, 615.4nm and 616.1nm)
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL (central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimise vignetting by maximise possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25”; 45mm for 2”)
- Aerometal Material | Precise CNC Machining | Sand Blasting Process | Black Anodised Finish | Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection | Laser Engraving No Fading
NGC2170 Optolong LRGB ©Jerry Huang
M82 Optolong LRGB + H-Alpha 7nm ©Jerry Huang
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.