About this product
Venus-U filter makes it possible to obtain photographs, CCD or video images in the UV-A (320-400nm) and observe Venus’ cloud structures.
Use with monochrome CCD cameras and you need to remove the cover glass of the sensor and internal UV-IR blocker in order to pass UV light. The same holds true for mono DSLRs that have a built-in low pass filter, this needs to be removed. What’s more, you need a special UV lens together with camera body. The sensor of CCD or CMOS cameras is capable of detecting light in the 350-1100nm range.
Act as an outstanding dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the lens during long time exposure. Ultraviolet photography finds practical use in medicine, dermatology, botany, criminology and theatrical applications.
Warning - Optolong filters are not designed to be used for solar observation. Do not look at the sun through this filter as it will cause permanent eye damage.
- 80% maximum transmission at spectral region 320-370nm.
- Precision off-band blocking on ultraviolet wavelength 200-280nm, visible and infrared spectral region.Suitable for use with colour CCD and CMOS cameras and unmodified DSLRs
- 1.25" or 2" Mounted Sizes.
- Supplied in a protective plastic case with EVA foam lining
- 2mm (1.25" / 2") Thick Schott Glass
- Fine-optically polished on both sides - ensures accurate λ/4 wavefront and <30 seconds parallelism over the both surfaces
Red Line - Represents the transmission curve of the Venus-U Filter.
- Schott substrate material
- Thickness 2.0 mm (1.25”/2”/36mm)
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and <30 seconds parallelism over the both surfaces
- 95% transmission of main nebula emission lines (i.e. H-alpha 656nm, OIII 496nm and 500nm, SII 672nm and H-beta 486nm
- 0.1% transmission of off-band, specifically the major emission lines of artificial light pollution (i.e. Na 589nm, Hg 435nm and 578nm). Transmission of 0.1% is equivalent to OD3 (Optical Density), and a high optical density value indicates very low transmission, and low optical density indicates high transmission.
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL (central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimise vignetting by maximise possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25”; 45mm for 2”)
- Aerometal Material | Precise CNC Machining | Sand Blasting Process | Black Anodised Finish | Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection | Laser Engraving No Fading
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.