About this product
Astro Essentials 1.25" Laser Collimator
Simple, easy to use accessory for rapid and precise collimation ensures you get the best views possible with your Newtonian reflector telescope.
Nicely made, CNC machined Aluminium with a black anodised surface and useful grip.
Requires 3x LR44 batteries (supplied).
Note 1: Prior to using a laser you will need to first check/set a Newtonian telescope's secondary mirror using a sight-tube. Fortunately once set it rarely needs further adjustment.
Note 2: For any laser collimator to be effective it needs to be fitted to a well-made focuser. The regular rack-and-pinion style focuser fitted to many beginner/intermediate telescopes lacks precision and rigidity. If in doubt please contact us for advice.
- 1.25" Laser Collimater
- CNC machined Aluminium Body
- Precision 1.25" nosepiece with a machined rim for accurate alignment
- 45º viewing port makes alignment from the rear of the telescope easier
- Laser can be collimated should it ever be required
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.