About this product
Part Number: mx
The Paramount MX+ is a large mount that is well suited to both portable and permanent setups. With an instrument capacity of 45kg and a head weight of 23kg the MX+ is ideal as a mount for both permanent installations and portability
Constructed to a very high degree of quality, the Paramount MX+ features brass worms and aluminium gears. The mount itself is a unibody construction made with high-grade aluminium. Furthermore, the mount uses belt-driven gears with spring-loaded worms to eliminate backlash. This allows the mount to achieve less than 7 arc second peak-to-peak periodic error.
Coupled with Software Bisque's professional-level software suite, the Paramount MX+ can be PEC corrected to deliver amazingly low levels of periodic error.
The Paramount MX+ is designed to alleviate many of the problems other astrophotography setups face. It is capable of tracking two hours past the meridian, potentially eliminating the need to do a meridian flip during an imaging session. It also features a built in 2 port USB2.0 hub near the camera end of the mount. This reduces the number of wires that have to be strung between the mount and a computer.
The mount also features Software Bisque's Versa-Plate which has been engineered to accept almost any mounting system. Coupled with the mount's heavy-duty capacity, the Paramount MX+ is capable of precise operation with a 14-inch telescope fitted with a full set of astrophotography accessories.
Built with Paramount's high-end telescope control hardware, the MX+ is able to track and slew with an extremely high degree of accuracy. Limited imaging time will not be wasted with this mount trying to centre poorly slewed targets.
Together with the included T point and Camera Control Add On's the MX+ achieves superb pointing accuracy and full control over your astro imaging.
- 45kg instrument capacity
- Unibody mount that weighs 23kg
- Maximum 7 arc second peak-to-peak periodic error before correction
- USB2.0 computer to mount control interface
- Onboard USB2.0 hub near camera end of the mount to reduce cable clutter
- Belt-driven gears with spring loaded worm to virtually eliminate backlash
- Versatile mounting plate
- 30 arc second all sky pointing accuracy
- Clutchless design maintains T Point assisted pointing accuracy
- Mount automatically stops when it hits something solid (such as the tripod)
Mount & Tripod Weights and Dimensions
- Weight of the mount: 23kg
- Counterweight shaft: 41 x 3.81cm
What's in the box
Whats In The Box
- 2 x 20lb (9kg) counterweights
- 48V power supply
- PC to mount cabling
- TheSkyX Pro with Camera and T Point add ons
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.