About this product
Part Number: 10218/20980
The new Sky-Watcher Explorer-150P DS has the same superb parabolic primary mirror as the Explorer-150P but features a 1.25"/2" Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser for enhanced focus control and a shorter tube length with the secondary mirror positioned closer to the primary mirror for more convenient prime-focus photography.
A Sky-Watcher Coma Corrector is also available for astro-photography.
- 150mm Parabolic Primary Mirror
- Telescope Focal Length 750mm (f/5)
- 1.25"/2” Dual-Speed 10:1 Crayford Focuser
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 33% more Light-Gathering than 130mm
- Eyepiece Supplied: 28mm 2" LET
- 2" to 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- Magnification (with eyepiece supplied) x30
- Highest Practical Power (Potential) x300
- 6x30 Finderscope
The Sky-Watcher EQM-35 Pro Synscan Modular Equatorial Mount offers the versatility of two mounts in one! A normal Go-To equatorial mount and a lightweight photo imaging mount.
"Tracking performance in the RA axis is greatly assisted by a 180-tooth gear wheel, (compared to 130-tooth in the EQ3). This enables smoother, consistent results and accurate Go-To capability, making it easier to find and photograph your target, or to hold it steadily in view while observing." BBC Sky at Night magazine. Full review (pdf)
Compatible with EQMOD using a Lynx Astro EQDIR adapter
The mount head looks similar to the EQ3 Pro but the EQM-35 Pro has much improved features and performance. For example the mount is equipped with a large 92.5 mm diameter RA worm wheel with 180 teeth for high precision tracking (compared to 130 teeth for the EQ3) and the strength of the rotary base has been increased. This results in greater stability, higher payload capacity and less vibration. The periodic error is also significantly improved.
In standard configuration mode with DEC and RA axes, you can use it as a normal Synscan™ equatorial mount with computerised Go-To and tracking in both axes with access to 42,900+ objects in the Synscan™ handset's database. The payload capacity for visual use is an impressive 10kg in this configuration.
For travelling you can remove the DEC Axis together with the heavy counterweight shaft and counterweights, reducing the instrument's weight considerably. In this configuration you can use a simple 45mm dovetail plate with tripod screw (not supplied) and fit your camera directly using a ball head (not supplied). Alternatively a DSLR can be mounted to a Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer L-Bracket (not supplied). With the DEC axis removed the mount only tracks in RA and you can easily take photos. Now the mount works in a similar way to the Star Adventurer mount, but heavier duty.
The EQM-35 Pro SynScan is a conveniently sized mount with impressive features suitable for both novice & experienced astronomers alike, for both visual and imaging use.
- Payload Capacity: Approx 7kg for imaging and 10kg for visual
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- High Precision Stepper Motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Resolution 0.28125 Arc Second
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- ST-4 type Autoguider Interface: Supports 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x 1x guiding rate
- Dual or Single Axis Tracking
- Tracking Rate: Lunar, Solar or Sidereal
- Synscan™ Hand Controller with 42,900+ Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Synscan Handset Firmware Upgradeable via internet download.
- Supplied with Polarscope
- Latitude Adjustment 15° to 65°
- R.A. Worm Gear 92.5mm Diameter, 180 Teeth
- DEC Worm Gear 34.3mm Diameter, 65 Teeth
- R.A. Worm Drive 25.5mm Diameter, Steel
- DEC Worm Drive 20mm Diameter, Steel
- Stabiliser Bar 20mm Diameter, Steel
- Counterweights supplied: 2 x 3.4kg
- Weight of Mount Head: 4.38kg (3.28 kg with DEC & Bar removed)
- 1.75" Diameter Stainless Steel Tripod & Accessory Tray, Weight 5.7kg
- Power Requirement DC12V 3A Tip Positive
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |First steps into astrophotography
21 January 2023 | J
After much research came across FLO and their exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable staff. Settled on this package and it has not disappointed. Only slight downside is the rather poor instructions but again FLO we’re able to advise on internet resources that answered all my queries. I would recommend FLO if you are like me new to astronomy and want expert advice before parting with your hard earned cash.
14 May 2020 | Alper
Thank you Flo. Your service is best, quick and trustable. I am very pleasure with the product. It is lightweight and shiny with aperture . I carry it easily everywhere
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. Are tube rings and a dovetail included?
Yes, the OTA comes with suitable tube rings and Vixen-style dovetail bar.