About this product
Part Number: 10218/20448
The Sky-Watcher Explorer-150PDS Newtonian telescope incorporates the same mirror-set as the Explorer-150P Black Diamond series, plus two significant advantages: A Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser and a slightly shorter tube length optimised for prime-focus photography.
The Sky-Watcher EQ3-PRO SynScan uses the same GoTo system found in the HEQ5 and EQ6 Pro mounts, enabling you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button.
Please select GOTO or non-GOTO mount (photo shows GOTO model). Telescope Specification:
- Magnification (with eyepiece supplied) x27
- Highest Practical Power (Potential) x300
- The diameter of the Primary Mirror is 150mm
- Telescope Focal Length 750mm (f/5)
- Eyepiece Supplied: 28mm LET Eyepiece (2")
- 6x30 Finderscope
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 2" (50.8mm) Dual-Speed 10:1 Crayford Focuser
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 33% more Light-Gathering than 130mm
- Payload Capacity: Approx 5kg for imaging and 7 kg for visual
- Approximate latitude operating range: 28 - 65°
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- ST-4 Auto Guiding interface.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
28 September 2018 | Brian
This is my first scope. There's a baffling amount of info out there on scopes, types and mounts for a newbie to choose from. And then there's matching the type of things you want to view to the spec of the scope. The team at FLO have been superb in supporting the choice/purchase. The scope itself was very easy to put together, and then came the polar alignment, followed by a 2-star alignment. The GoTo performed impeccably in hunting out the targets, but what was more impressive was the tracking. I took several photos using a DSLR, and no star trails - the tracking is immaculate. Andromeda Galaxy and Ring nebula were next. The whole package has far exceeded my expectations. And another order is already on its way, inc. Barlow, moon filter and zoom lens.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.