About this product
Part Number: 10949/20448
This version of the hugely popular 150P has a longer tube length to achieve greater magnification and contrast - properties that will appeal to planetary enthusiasts. (For a more general-purpose telescope, consider the regular Explorer 150P).
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x48, x96, x120 & x240
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x300
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/8)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- X2 Deluxe Barlow Lens 1.25" (with Camera Adaptor)
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 6x30 Finderscope
- EQ3-2 Deluxe Equatorial Mount
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 33% more Light Gathering than 130mm
"Many contemporary observers severely underestimate what a quality telescope of this size is capable of revealing.
The fit and finish of the Explorer-150PL is typical of Sky-Watchers contemporary products - in other words, extremely good for the money. The rigid yet lightweight rolled steel tube has an unobtrusive seam and the gorgeous slightly metallic sky blue paint finish contrasts nicely with the rounded black tube end castings [please see photo for new 'Black Diamond' colour livery].
M13, the great Hercules globular cluster, was a magnificent sight despite urban light pollution with resolved components across the core with innumerable peripheral stars. Verdict: a reborn classic that I can't recommend highly enough for the price.."
Sky-Watcher Explorer 150PL review - Ade Ashford
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.