200mm (8") f5 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector with HEQ5 PRO SynScan GOTO mount.
Parabolic Primary Mirror
All Skywatcher f/5 (‘fast’) Newtonian Reflectors and Dobsonian models feature high-quality parabolic primary mirrors to eliminate spherical aberrations inherent in ‘fast’ focal length reflector. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light rays to the same focal point to give sharp, contrasty images.
Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
All Sky-Watcher f/5 Newtonian Reflectors feature 0.5mm ultra-thin secondary mirror supports to reduce diffraction spikes and loss of contrast.
Explorer 200p Specification
- Magnification (with eyepieces supplied): x40, x80, x100, x200
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x400
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 200mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1000mm (f/5)
- Eyepiece Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- x2 Deluxe Barlow Lens 1.25"(with camera adaptor)
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Crayford Focuser
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- HEQ5 PRO SynScan Super Heavy-Duty Computerised GOTO Equatorial Mount (Requires 12 volt DC Power Supply)
- Built-in Dual-Axis Stepper Motors
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- 1.75" Stainless Steel Pipe Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 77% more Light Gathering than 150mm
The Sky-Watcher HEQ5 PRO SynScan mount's user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects. The mount also includes features that advanced astronomers and imagers can appreciate.
HEQ5 PRO Specification
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.