About this product
Part Number: 11068
PROMO: Order this telescope and receive a Celestron Flexible Dew-Shield & Celestron NexYZ phone adaptor free of charge!
This Schmidt-Cassegrain with StarBright® XLT coatings is our favourite from the SE family. Its 6" aperture (offering 40% more light gathering than a 5” telescope) f10 ratio and sturdy GOTO mount makes this one of the best general-purpose back-yard telescopes available.
Portability and serious performance come together in the NexStar 6 SE. Celestron's first new Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system in over a decade is now available in a high performance altazimuth computerized telescope. With a total weight of 30 lbs including the tripod, the ultra portable 6 SE features a precision optical system with 1500mm focal length (f/10) and offers 44% more light gathering than a 5" telescope.
The NexStar 6 SE has all the same features as Celestron's most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including our revolutionary SkyAlign™ alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of over 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control.
Plug the optional CN-16 GPS Accessory into NexStar's auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 6 SE isn’t one of them.
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the new NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, upgradeable hand control, our superior StarBright XLT coatings, our revolutionary SkyAlign™ telescope alignment software and much more.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
- 6" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- SE series combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Celestron's unique patented single fork arm with integral hand control design provides a rigid and smooth operating structure for the optical tube
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Sturdy computerized Altazimuth mount
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
COMPUTERISED MOUNT FEATURES
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar systems objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- SE Mount, Tripod & Handset
- StarPointer Finderscope
- 25mm E-Lux Eyepiece
|OPTICAL DESIGN:|| Schmidt-Cassegrain |
|APERTURE:|| 150 mm (5.91 in)|
|FOCAL LENGTH:|| 1500 mm (59.06 in)|
|FOCAL RATIO:|| 10 |
|FINDERSCOPE:|| StarPointer |
|MOUNT:|| Single Fork Arm Altazimuth |
|DOVETAIL COMPATIBILITY:|| Quick Release Tube Clamp |
|OPTICAL TUBE:|| Aluminum |
|EYEPIECE 1:|| 25 mm (0.98 in)|
|MAGNIFICATION 1:|| 60 x|
|STAR DIAGONAL:|| 1.25" |
|CD ROM:|| NexRemote V1.6.14 & The Sky L1 |
|TRIPOD:|| Steel leg |
|POWER SUPPLY:|| 8-AA batteries (not included) |
|HIGHEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION:|| 354 x|
|LOWEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION:|| 21 x|
|LIMITING STELLAR MAGNITUDE:|| 13.4 |
|RESOLUTION:|| 0.92 arc seconds|
|RESOLVING POWER:|| 0.77 arc seconds|
|LIGHT GATHERING POWER:|| 459 x|
|ANGULAR FIELD OF VIEW:|| 0.83 °|
|LINEAR FIELD OF VIEW (@1000 YDS):|| 43.8 ft (13.35 m)|
|OPTICAL COATINGS:|| StarBright XLT Coatings |
|SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION:|| 2.2 in (55.88 mm)|
|SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION BY AREA:|| 14 %|
|SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION BY DIAMETER:|| 37 %|
|OPTICAL TUBE LENGTH:|| 16 in (406.4 mm)|
|TELESCOPE WEIGHT:|| 21 lb (9.53 kg)|
|TRIPOD AND MOUNT WEIGHT:|| 9 lb (4.08 kg)|
|MOTOR DRIVE:|| Integrated D.C. Electronics |
|COMPUTER HAND CONTROL:|| Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display w/ 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons |
|SLEW SPEEDS:|| Nine slew speeds|
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Celestron NexStar 6 SE Manual (PDF)
Quick Setup Guide for NexStar 6 SE and 8 SE (PDF)
Motor Control Firmware Updates v.2.2.5 (ZIP)
NexRemote v. 1.7.22 (ZIP)
Hand Control Firmware Updates v.1.1.14 (ZIP)
Celestron Firmware Manager (CFM) (ZIP)
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Monday, 30 May 2011 | Colin
The Nexstar 6SE combines great portability with a very stable platform which never fails to impress. The scope and tripod combined are very lightweight and can be carried as a single unit or separated into telescope tube, mounting arm and tripod.
The mount is fitted with a standard vixen dovetail to allow other telescopes to be fitted. The mount with the 6se and 8se is larger and sturdier than the 4se and 5se but does not include a wedge.
The telescope with an aperture of 150mm will provide some excellent views of solar system objects as well as deep sky, the main advantage of the 6se is being able to take the scope to a dark site with ease which will provide conditions for excellent viewing of faint objects.
This is an exceptional scope for a beginner and more experienced viewers alike.
This scope will allow for some basic astrophotography, for planetary imaging the scope has a long 1500mm focal length and a sturdy mount.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.