About this product
Part Number: 121SDQ
Optical Bench Test
All SharpStar telescopes are tested in the UK on an optical bench.
This ensures you can be confident your telescope will, from the outset, have well figured optics, negligible false colour and spherical aberration, and no astigmatism (the bane of any optical system!). Star shapes will be round, not triangular, oval or egg-shaped!
SharpStar 121SDQ f/5.6 Quintuplet ED APO Telescope
The SharpStar 121SDQ is a new generation of independent designs featuring quintuplet air-spaced optics for a flat field with excellent colour correction, contrast and image sharpness.
One of the optical elements uses ultra-low dispersion ED glass for superior colour correction.
With a native focal ratio of f/5.6, the scope measures just 598mm in length with its dew shield retracted and weighs around 8kg making it an ideal choice for those requiring excellent optics with a larger aperture in a portable format.
A large, flat-field imaging circle of 60mm is suitable for full-frame sensors and even medium format! With a generous 145mm of back focus there is plenty of room for accessories.
The high quality optics are matched by the excellent mechanics and high quality cosmetic fit and finish. The black CNC trim and carrying handle together with the white gloss tube provide this scope with a distinctive and attractive look. The 121SQD features a premium 4” dual-speed 10:1 rack-and-pinion focuser strong enough to handle most full-frame astronomy cameras.
Supplied in a useful aluminium carry case.
- 121mm Aperture
- f/5.6 focal ratio / 678mm focal length
- Quintuplet air-sp optical design
- Includes two ultra low dispersion ED lenses
- 4" dual-speed rack and pinion focuser, 10:1 fine focus
- Fully multi-coated optical surfaces
- 2" Eyepiece Adaptor
- Camera Angle adjuster for 360 degree rotation
- Universal Losmandy-style dovetail bar
- Complete with Finderscope Mounting Shoe
- OTA weighs 7.98kg / 8.92kg with rings & dovetail
- 598mm Tube length (Retracted)
Telescope Field of View Simulator
What's in the box
- SharpStar 121SDQ Quintuplet Apochromatic Refractor
- Hard Case
- CNC Tube Ring / Cradle & Handle
- Losmandy-style Dovetail
- 2" Eyepiece Adaptor
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.