About this product
Part Number: 2.5
The SharpStar 2.5" flattener has been designed to fully illuminate a full frame sensor (24x36mm) without vignetting and offers exceptional field correction for f/5-f/9 Refractors.
The fully illuminated field is 55mm and this corrector is thus able to work with sensors larger than 35mm x 24mm.
This Flattener is recommended for use with Focusers larger than 2".
This Flattener has a male M68 thread and will attach to any focuser that uses a female M68 thread. Additional adaptors are necessary for use with focusers that do not have an M68 female thread.
SharpStar have designed this flattener with a long back focus distance to facilitate the use of accessories such as Off Axis Guiders, Filter Wheels etc.
The Optimum Telescope Focal Length is 500mm to 1000mm.
|Focal Length ||Recommended Back Focus |
|up to 500mm ||106mm |
|between 500 and 600mm ||101mm |
|between 600 and 700mm ||96mm |
|between 700 and 800mm ||91mm |
|between 800 and 950mm ||88mm |
|between 950 and 1000mm ||87mm |
- Field flattener for f/5 - f/9 refractors
- Full aperture: 61.5mm
- Thread on camera side: M69 female
- Threads on telescope side: M68 male and M63 female
- Fully multi-coated optical surfaces
- Blackened interior for improved reflection suppression
- Recommended distance between camera side thread and focal plane: 91.5mm
- M48 adapter with 36.5mm length included (to create 55mm back focus from adapter to camera sensor)
- Overall Length: 79.7mm
- The recommended distance between the flattener's M69 thread and the focal plane varies depending on the focal length of the telescope. Please see the recommended back focus distances above.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.