I really liked using this kit. It is rapidly deployable and the SynScan software is well designed. Zipping around the sky and visiting all manner of objects presented it with no challenges. It lends itself well as the choice of a first instrument, too. Astronomy Now Magazine, January 2018 - Read full review
About this product
Part Number: 10264
Sky-Watcher SkyMax-102 with NEW AZ GTi WiFi Mount.
The Skymax-102 features with it's high-contrast Maksutov-Cassegrain optics is particularly well suited to observing solar system targets like the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn - a number of deep-sky objects are also within it's reach.
The easy to use AZ-GTi Wi-Fi mount features a built-in WiFi module, enabling it to to be controlled wirelessly via your Smartphone or Tablet using Sky-Watcher's free SynScan App for iOS or Android.
Together the mount and App provide full computerised GO-TO.
It also features Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented dual-encoder technology so your telescope can be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information - which is convenient :-)
Includes adjustable aluminium tripod with extension pillar and accessory tray, the mount can also be removed and fitted to other suitable photo-tripods with standard 3/8" screw fitting.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 102mm / 4"
- Telescope Focal Length: 1300mm (f/12.7)
- Eyepieces Supplied: 10mm & 25mm
- Red Dot Finder
- 90º Star Diagonal 1.25"
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- AZ-GTi Wi-Fi Mount with Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder Technology.
- The Mount, together with Sky-Watcher's free App, provides full computerised GO-TO.
- Includes Aluminium Tripod with Extension Pillar & Accessory Tray
- Height of Tripod/Mount (excl. OTA): 80.5cm - 152cm
- Total Weight with Tripod: 5.75kg
- Power Requirement: 8 AA Size Batteries (not supplied) or External Power Supply (DC 7.5~14V, 0.75A) Tip Positive. (Separate Power Supply Recommended).
What's in the box
- SkyMax-102 OTA
- AZ GTi Mount
- Aluminium Tripod
- 21.5cm Extension Pillar
- Tripod Accessory Tray
- 10mm & 25mm Eyepieces
- Red Dot Finder
- 1.25" 90° Star Diagonal
|Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied) ||x52 & x130 |
|Highest Practical Power (Potential) ||x204 |
|Diameter of Primary Mirror ||102mm |
|Light Gathering ||55% more Light Gathering than 102mm |
|Telescope Focal Length ||1500mm (f/11.8) |
|Eyepieces Supplied ||10mm & 25mm |
|Finderscope ||Red Dot Finder |
|Diagonal ||90º Star Diagonal 1.25" |
|Mount ||AZ GTi Alt-Azimuth Mount with Extension Pillar, Aluminium Tripod & Accessory Tray |
|Mount Rotation Angle (Continuous) ||360° (Azimuth), -50° to + 90° (Altitude) |
|Height of Tripod/Mount (excl. OTA) ||80.5cm - 152cm |
|Total Overall Weight ||5.75kg |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.