This is a fun system to use. Although there is an option to connect a SynScan hand controller, to get the most of this setup its worth downloading the SynScan app for your smartphone. The SkyMax-127 feels like the future of telescope control, certainly for anyone that likes technology and is just beginning their exploration of the sky. Sky at Night Magazine, January 2018 - Read full review
INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- SkyMax-127 OTA
- AZ GTi Mount
- Aluminium Tripod
- 21.5cm Extension Pillar
- Tripod Accessory Tray
- 10mm & 25mm Eyepieces
- Red Dot Finder
- 1.25" 90° Star Diagonal
Sky-Watcher SkyMax-127 with NEW AZ GTi WiFi Mount.
The compact but powerful Skymax-127 features high-contrast, high-resolution Maksutov-Cassegrain optics and high-transmission multi-coatings on all optical surfaces for optimum performance - well suited to observing planets, the lunar surface, globular star clusters, galaxies and more.
The easy to use AZ-GTi Wi-Fi mount features a built-in WiFi module, enabling it to to be controlled wirelessly via your Smartphone or Tablet using Sky-Watcher's free SynScan App for iOS or Android.
Together the mount and App provide full computerised GO-TO.
It also features Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented dual-encoder technology so your telescope can be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information - which is convenient :-)
Includes adjustable aluminium tripod with extension pillar and accessory tray, the mount can also be removed and fitted to other suitable photo-tripods with standard 3/8" screw fitting.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 127mm / 5"
- Telescope Focal Length: 1500mm (f/11.8)
- Eyepieces Supplied: 10mm & 25mm
- 90º Star Diagonal 1.25"
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- AZ-GTi Wi-Fi Mount with Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder Technology.
- The Mount, together with Sky-Watcher's free App, provides full computerised GO-TO.
- Includes Aluminium Tripod with Extension Pillar & Accessory Tray
- Height of Tripod/Mount (excl. OTA): 80.5cm - 152cm
- Total Weight with Tripod: 7.45kg
- Power Requirement: 8 AA Size Batteries (not supplied) or External Power Supply (DC 7.5~14V, 0.75A) Tip Positive. (Separate Power Supply Recommended).