About this product
Part Number: 10279
New StarQuest-102R Achromatic Refractor Telescope & Equatorial Mount
The STARQUEST Series is a lightweight, ‘grab-and-go’ range combining proven high quality Sky-Watcher telescope optics with a newly designed and well-engineered equatorial mount. The mount features a high quality clutch system, precision 122 gear-tooth/360° gearing on both axes and excellent stability with a maximum payload of 3kg. The equatorial mount, when polar aligned, allows you to easily track objects as they move across the night sky with its smoothly operated slow motion control cables.
The STARQUEST-102R is a two-element, air-spaced achromatic refractor telescope package, and a well proven performer for ‘Rich-Field’ views of comets, star fields, star clusters, nebulae, bright galaxies/planets & the Moon. Supplied complete with Equatorial Mount and adjustable aluminium tripod.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x20 & x50
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x204
- Objective Lens Diameter: 102mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 500mm (f/4.9)
- Eyepieces Supplied: 10mm & 25mm
- Red Dot Finder
- 90º Star Diagonal 1.25"
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- Equatorial Mount with Adjustable Aluminium Tripod & Accessory Tray
- Smooth Slow-Motion Cable Controls to both RA and DEC axes
- Counterweight Bar with Counterweight
- 62.5% more Light Gathering than 80mm
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- Equatorial Mount
- Aluminium Tripod & Accessory Tray
- Counterweight Bar & Counterweight
- Red Dot Finder
- 10mm & 25mm Eyepiece
- 1.25" 90º Star Diagonal
|Average Rating (1 Review): |Star quest 102r refractor
Tuesday, 19 May 2020 | Turloch
Well so far the weather has been really poor for star gazing so I have really only been able to view daytime terrestrial targets and to be honest I was a little bit disappointed with the image. The two eyepieces that come with the telescope are basic plastic ones which I suppose is what you would expect at this price point, so I ordered two replacements 10mm and 32mm sky watcher plossl and it has made a vast improvement the image is bright clear and well focused . So to sum up with better eyepieces this seems to be a good little refractor at a reasonable price and good for first telescope, don't be discouraged at first a couple of better eyepieces make all the difference
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.