New Sky-Watcher SolarQuest Solar tracking / GoTo mount - Available now!
Remarkably easy to use!
Simply level the tripod (near enough is good enough) and point your solar telescope anywhere to the left of the sun, Sky-Watcher's HelioFind™ Solar Alignment Technology will do the rest!
Built-in GPS automatically enters date, time and location then calculates the altitude and azimuth of the sun. The mount then points the telescope to the correct altitude and slews clockwise, hunting for the sun. When the Solar Sensor (photo diodes) detect the sun the mount lock onto it then silently tracks it, keeping it within the eyepiece's field of view.
Can be used by educational establishments, beginners and experienced observers alike.
Lightweight, portable and quiet in operation.
Payload capacity up to 4kg.
Accepts telescopes with standard 45mm (Vixen-type) Dovetail Bars.
The saddle can be removed, offset 90 degrees then refitted making it suitable for use with Skywatcher's L-Bracket (available separately).
IMPORTANT: The SolarQuest™ mount is designed for use with solar telescopes only. Do not point any other type of optical device at the Sun. Looking directly at the Sun without verified-safe, professionally made solar filtering will cause immediate and irreversible damage to your eye (blindness!), damage to the telescope, and will be a fire risk.
- HelioFind™ Solar Alignment Technology: Solar Sensor with 4 x Photodiodes & built-in GPS data fixing to obtain time & location to calculate the sun's azimuth and alltitude
- Telescope Auto-levelling feature with the help of the built-in tilt sensor (3 x axis accelerometer in the sensor block).
- Auto drift correction through feedback from Solar Sensor
- Auto Pointing Offset Correcting Feature
- 8-Way Sliding Switch for Centring Sun in Field of View
- Tracking Rates: Alignment-Free Solar Tracking
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 3 arc-minute (after customer calibration)
- Resolution: 2073600 Counts/Rev., 0.625 arc-second
- Slewing Speeds: 16x & 1200x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Motor: DC Servo Motor, Gear Ratio 6480
- Payload Capacity: 4kg
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- 3/8" Screw Fittings (tripod/mount)
- Adjustable Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Bubble Level
- Height of Tripod/Mount: 80.5cm - 152cm
- Mount Head Weight: 1.3kg
- Total Weight with Tripod: 4.05kg
- Low Power Consumption
- Power Requirement: 8 AA Size Batteries (not supplied) or External Power Supply DC 12V, Tip Positive (via adaptor panel).
IMPORTANT: The videos below show the SolarQuest mount being used with a Sky-Watcher 70mm dedicated white light solar telescope. Never view the Sun without a suitable Solar Filter! Solar observing is dangerous and can be hazardous to eyesight.