INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- Star Adventurer Mount
- Ball Head Adapter
- Illuminated Polar Scope
- Dovetail L-Bracket
- Equatorial Wedge
- Counterweight Shaft
- 1kg Counterweight
The new Skywatcher Star Adventurer provides an excellent route into astrophotography for those using DSLR cameras with wide-field and medium focal length DSLR lenses. It's ease of use and aircraft-friendly size will also appeal to those wanting to travel to dark-sky locations.
The user-friendly Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer provides various combinations to satisfy your grab-&-go portable astrophotography needs. It is a precise, portable and stable celestial tracking platform for sidereal, solar and lunar tracking with automatic DSLR shutter release control.
Star Adventurer Astro-Photo Bundle: includes the Star Adventurer Mount, Ball Head Adapter, Illuminated Polar Scope, Dovetail L-Bracket, Equatorial Wedge and Counterweight Shaft with 1kg Counterweight.
An optional camera shutter release cable is available separately for many popular camera models/brands.
The Star Adventurer can attach to any standard tripod via its ¼” or 3/8” adapters. The latitude can be set by either adjusting the tilt of your tripod head to match your latitude or more accurately by purchasing the optional Equatorial Wedge. To fit a camera to the Star Adventurer, either a tripod Ball Head is required (not supplied) or the optional Dovetail L-Bracket. The optional Dovetail L-Bracket used in conjunction with the optional counterweight shaft/counterweight also allows small telescopes (e.g. Skymax-90), with a ¼-20 tripod fitting, to be used with the Star Adventurer. A small telescope and camera (using a ball head, not supplied) can be mounted simultaneously on the Dovetail L-bracket. Using just the dovetail bar from the optional Dovetail L-Bracket, two cameras can be mounted at the same time using two tripod ball heads (not supplied).
Please Note: Our Star Adventurers have new green/white livery as shown above, not the older red colour shown below in our 360-degree image.
360° Product Tour
- Tracking rate selectable between Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Built in polar scope with illuminator
- DSLR interface for automatic electronic shutter control
- Built-in auto-guiding interface for single-axis auto guiding
- Low power consumption
- External Mini USB power support
- Compatible with 3/8" and 1/4" camera tripod thread
- Free firmware upgrades
- Maximum payload at 5kg Specifications
- Mount Type Ultra compact equatorial tracking platform
- Motor Drive DC Servo
- Power Supply 4xAA battery: DC 3.6V~6.5V
- External power supply DC 5V
- Payload Capacity 5kg (11 lb)
- Tracking Modes Sidereal, Solar or Lunar tracking rate for both North & South hemispheres.
Quick Setup Guide