Overall, the ease of use, highly practical app and Wi-Fi connection make the Star Adventurer Mini a winning combination and a highly recommended piece of kit for budding astrophotographers who like to travel. BBC Sky at Night Magazine, April 2017 - Read full review
... Sky-Watcher have produced a really highquality, serviceable and useful product that will open up the field of creative astro-imaging and videography. It is smaller than its sibling, the Star Adventurer, making it readily portable for use in the field on a solar or lunar eclipse trip ... Astronomy Now Magazine, November 2017 - Read full review
About this product
Part Number: 50205
Now includes Polarscope and Polarscope illuminator.
The Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi (SAM) is a compact high-precision camera tracking platform that is ideal for long exposure astrophotography as well as time-lapse photography in daytime and night time settings.
SAM easily fits in your backpack or camera bag, making it a convenient travel companion that can venture with you into remote locations.
SAM comes with built-in WiFi and the free Star Adventurer Mini Console App for Android and iOS platforms, allowing it to be remotely controlled with your smartphone. SAM is easy to set up and to operate in all of its modes.
Although capable of supporting larger camera lenses, SAM is ideal and very simple to use for Widefield Astrophotography with a standard camera lens of 55mm or shorter focal length, as only a rough polar alignment is necessary, making it ideal for all kinds of amateur photographers unfamiliar with astronomy.
Also available in a Pro Pack that includes the Star Adventurer Mini (SAM) mount, ball head adaptor, polarscope, polarscope illuminator, equatorial wedge and dovetail L-bracket.
The Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi can attach to any standard tripod via its ¼” or 3/8” adaptors. The latitude can be set by either adjusting the tilt of your tripod head to match your latitude or more accurately by purchasing the optional Equatorial Wedge. To fit a camera to the Star Adventurer, either a tripod Ball Head is required (not supplied) or the optional Dovetail L-Bracket. The optional Dovetail L-Bracket can be used in conjunction with the optional counterweight shaft/counterweight.
Sky-Watcher shutter release cables can be purchased separately for most popular camera models/brands.
- Maximum recommended camera lens focal length: 100mm
- High precision, portable and stable camera tracking system
- Built-in WiFi with free app for Android and iOS platforms
- Multi-language support
- Solar, lunar and sidereal tracking rates for astrophotography
- Payloads up to 3kg
- Easy Polar Alignments with polar scope
- Supports Star-Scape photography
- Supports standard short exposure time-lapse photography
- Supports long exposure time-lapse photography
- Supports Star-Scape time-lapse photography
- Provides DSLR shutter control for multiple brands
- Lifetime FREE firmware upgrades
- Built-in motor protection and status indicators
- Power Options: AAx2 Batteries or external USB supply
- Fits standard 3/8 and 1/4 inch tripod/quick release brackets
- Weight 650g
- Dimensions 76x70x103mm
What's in the box
- Star Adventurer Mini Mount
- Ball Head Adapter
- Polar Scope
- Polar Scope Illuminator
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Mini (PDF)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.