About this product
Part Number: 0310300
A4 Solar Filter Film - Suitable for making your own solar filters and eclipse glasses.
Excellent for safely watching solar eclipses, sun spots, planet transits, crossing aircrafts and satellites. Suitable for marking your own individual solar filter for telescopes, binoculars photo- and video cameras.
Creates a very natural and yellow solar image.
Important Never view the Sun without a suitable Solar Filter! Solar observing is dangerous and can be hazardous to eyesight. Safety is everyone’s responsibility - please read the safety notes supplied with the product carefully.
- Watch Solar Eclipses, Sun Spots, Planet Transits, crossing aircrafts and satellites.
- Suitable for making your individual solar filter for telescopes, binoculars, photo- and video cameras.
- New developed solar filter film that has the optical quality of the glass with the advantages of impregnated polymer.
- Collateral protection by using impregnated polymer and additional filter coated surface.
- Creates a very natural and yellow solar image.
- Also qualified for high magnifications.
- Consistent brightness and even density with any aperture.
- Ideal for visual observing and photographic use.
- Light weight and does not require re-balancing tube assembly.
- Flat surface compared to other thin film filters that have wrinkles and creases.
- Resistant against any damage.
- Construction manual included for making your individual solar filter and eclipse glasses.
- 100% Safe
What's in the box
- Solar Filter Film, A4 size
- Hard carton stencil for cutting out a telescope filter holder and eclipse glasses
- Construction and Instruction manual
Additional materials which need to be purchased separately:
- Double sided gluing tape
- Universal adhesive glue
- Material thickness: 0.05mm
- Optical density: 5
- Optical transmission: 1/1000 of 1% (99.999% incoming light blocked)
- Dimension: A4 - 210 x 297mm
|Average Rating (3 Reviews): |
Thursday, 3 June 2021 | Clive
First of all, excellent service as usual from FLO, delivered following day. Bought this for the upcoming partial solar eclipse. Unfortunately I have not constructed my filter yet so I can't give an opinion. Will do this in the near future.
Monday, 17 May 2021 | Nigella
I bought this solar film to make some white light solar filters for glasses and my binoculars. Works fantastic and all you need is a craft knife and some double sided Blue Peter sticky tape. I made two solar glasses and a pair of solar filters for the binoculars out of the film provided and could easily have made two more glasses if I'd copied the templates. I did make two extra cardboard rings to make the double filters for the binoculars. Note of caution, if using with the binoculars I'd fix the filters on with sticky tape so that the wind could not blow them off or be easily knocked off by elbows of other people near you. When using solar filters your eyesight is the most important consideration.
Monday, 1 February 2021 | Alan
very good product and not difficult to work with. does what it says on the packet. only downside is the price. hence 4 stars and not. product was well packaged and promptly delivered. thanks.flo.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.