About this product
Part Number: TE313
This spectroscope helps teachers to demonstrate spectroscopy simply and clearly.
Flame test in chemical analysis.
Absorption spectra through liquids.
Bright line spectra from discharge tube.
Features & specification:
- Large diameter eyepiece aperture facilitates comfortable viewing of the single, large and bright spectrum which is centrally placed in the field of view.
- High quality optical components ensure that absorption bands show up clearly - even weak bands that are sometimes difficult to detect.
- The spectrum is generated by a particularly bright transmission diffraction grating of 600 lines/mm.
- Fixed construction - no need for adjustment.
- Robust assembly to withstand years of student handling.
- Benchtop size: 105mm x 25mm.
- Boxed weight: 115g.
- Supplied in protective rigid box.
IMPORTANT: Do not use to observe the Sun directly. Doing so can be very dangerous. You can however observe blue sky though the spectroscope and will see Fraunhofer lines.
|Average Rating (1 Review): |A wonderful little spectroscope
Sunday, 20 June 2021 | Douglas
I can highly recommend this little device. It may look like a toy but it is actually a very well designed and powerful tool with quite good resolution. A nice thing to try is burning salt (sodium chloride) in a hot flame (light over a gas stove) and seeing the bright sodium lines. You can just barely see the sodium doublet if you have good eyes. As mentioned in the description, if you point at the blue sky or even some bright clouds, you can very clearly see all the major Fraunhofer lines. One thing that is difficult is recording what you see with a camera. It's possible but a bit of a frustrating experience because it never looks as good as you can see visually.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.