About this product
Part Number: 3322
Introducing the new updated SkyTracker Pro!
The SkyTracker Pro is a useful ultra-compact mount for photographers interested in astro-scapes or wide field astrophotography.
This new updated Pro model offers higher precision, silent tracking and a built-in rechargeable power source that runs for up to 24 hours of continuous operation.
The precision polar scope is also improved. It has the usual fine engraved reticule but now features adjustable illumination with eight brightness levels. Used with iOptron's smart phone app, quick and accurate polar alignment is a breeze.
The SkyTracker Pro features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape, solar and lunar. All four work in both northern and southern hemispheres. iOptron have also added a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse so you can easily reframe your image without disrupting the cameras position.
iOptron have made big improvements to the removable alt-azimuth base which features a convenient bubble level, degree markings for altitude and a built in post for azimuth control. You can also mount the SkyTracker Pro head (without the base) directly to any standard photographic tripod with 1/4” or 3/8” threads.
- All metal structure with ABS covers
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- Accepts cameras weighing up to 3kg (6.6lbs)
- Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-azi base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
- Reversible mounting post for both 3/8” and 1/4” threaded ball head mounting
- Includes iOptron AccuAlign dark-field illuminated polar scope
- Adjustable polar scope illumination with eight brightness levels
- 4 tracking speed (1X, 1/2X, solar and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars; 1/2X tracking speed for imaging both the starry night and the landscapes at the same time
- Quick slew (180X max.) for camera framing adjustment
- Operation in both northern and southern Hemisphere
- Built-in rechargeable battery with Micro USB port for power and charging
- Up to 24 hours of operation (20°C)
- 1/4" – 3/8” thread converter included
- Padded carry bag included
- Optional ball heads available separately (#3305A)
- Optional tripod (#3221)
- Optional counterweight balance kit (#3324)
What's in the box
- SkyTracker Pro camera mount
- Alt-azi base (installed)
- AccuAlign dark field illuminated polar scope
- Brass 3/8” and 1/4” threaded ball head mounting post (installed)
- Padded carry bag
- Micro USB charging cable
|Mount ||Ultra compact single axis EQ |
|Payload (MAX) ||6.6 lbs (3kg) |
|Mount weight ||685 gm with battery |
|Mount weight with base ||1.15kg (2.53lbs) with battery |
|Body material ||Die-cast Aluminium with ABS cover |
|RA shaft ||Φ25mm, steel |
|Worm wheel ||Φ74mm, 144 teeth Aluminium alloy |
|Worm gear ||Φ11mm, brass |
|Worm period ||600 sec |
|Bearing ||4 pieces |
|Motor drive ||DC servo |
|Tracking ||R.A. automatic |
|Tracking speed ||1X Cel, 1/2 Cel, solar, lunar, N/S |
|Fast slew speed ||180X, forward and reverse |
|Polar sight hole ||~ 8º FOV |
|Polar scope ||6º FOV, dark field illuminated (8 adjustable intensity) |
|Power requirement ||Internal rechargeable battery |
|Battery type ||Li-Poly, 3.7V, 2000mAh |
|Duration of operation ||Up to 24 hours at 20ºC |
|Power charge port ||Micro USB (5V), 80% charge in 5 hours |
|Body dimension ||115x115x95 mm |
|Operation Temperature ||-15~40ºC |
|Mounting ring ||Ø53 mm, 3/8” or 1/4" post threads |
|Body-base connection ||Vixen dovetail, 3/8” socket w/ 1/4” converter |
|Alt-Azi adjustable Base ||Vixen style saddle, 3/8” socket (1/4" converter) |
|Latitude adjustment range ||-30º ~ 65º (with Alt-azi base) |
|AZ adjustment range ||±5° |
|Base diameter ||Φ80 mm |
|Warranty ||One year limited (90 day on battery) |
Downloads / Manuals
Manual: Instruction Manual
YouTube Assembly Instructions
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
20 September 2019 | Alister
Bought this to use with my carbon fibre tripod for maximum portability and it does a great job. I managed to get pin point stars taking 300 sec subs using my Samyang 85mm lens.
I like the new Black model which matches the rest of my gear. Highly recommend if you want greater portability for Widefield Astrophotography.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.